Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Engine Mounts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Sep 2012, 06:19 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Engine Mounts

I just bought a 2005 Pt Cruiser Convertible Touring Edition with 2.4L Turbo. It has 90,000 miles. It is time for a little maintenace. I am replacing the worn out engine mounts. I have already replaced the easy to get to right side upper and lower strut mounts. I have also replaced the left side transmission mount. The difficult one to get to on the right side between the timing belt and the right frame looks like a pain. QUESTION: is it worth replacing since I have already done 3 of the 4 mounts. Or would I be dumb to leave it as a weak point causing my 3 new mounts to wear early because of my laziness
Old 05 Sep 2012, 06:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Engine Mounts

It's not that hard. Go to the Tech & Performance part of the forum and look for the HOW TO thread. Inside that thread are about 2 dozen or more helpful threads on doing almost everything on the PT. Look for the HOW TO on the lower motor mount.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 06 Sep 2012, 10:37 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Engine Mounts

it's a PITB. leave it alone or do it when you change the timing belt. that mount usually never fails. the top and bottom tear frequently.

if you're at 90k you'll be doing the timing belt soon(whether you want to or not). that is probably why they sold the car in the first place. it will break at 100k. since you'll have it all apart anyways, you can check the mount then, although it's probably fine.

Last edited by rob342; 06 Sep 2012 at 10:40 am.