Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Seat swap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Apr 2013, 02:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Seat swap

I am looking to replace the front driver's seat of my 2006 touring convertible with one from a junk yard. Do I have to find a front seat from a convertible, or will a front seat from a sedan fit? When I search junkyard web sites, they seem to differentiate between the two, but I can't believe they made the front seats different for the convertible and the sedan. I know I have to stick with the later series seats, and my car doesn't have side airbags, so I don't need them in the replacement. Anyone put a front seat from a donor sedan into a convertible?
Thanks!
Old 04 Apr 2013, 03:13 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Seat swap

I looked at some pics and the only thing I see different is that the convertible has seat belt hoops attached under the headrest. The only other thing that might be different is how the back of the seat flips forward and if the seat slides forward to allow easy access into the back.
Old 06 Apr 2013, 07:44 am
Fanatic Cruiser

What's wrong with you driver's side seat? I swapped the lower cushions between driver and passenger side on my vert.

Original Owner 135k
2005 Turbo Touring Convertible Auto w/ Stage 1, DSP inTune w/ Diablo Tune, Composite Intake, Air Box Modification, Hard Pipes, K&N, KYB's, Vision Motorworks Wires, Continental Extreme Contact DWS, Rear Sway Bar, Strut Tower Bar, UltraGauge.
Old 07 Apr 2013, 01:40 am
Senior Cruiser

The differences are going to be the seat belts as mentioned and possibly the air bags in the seats. If the harness plugs and the number and color of the wires in the plugs are the same, the seats should operate the same way. Then as long as the air bags look identical, I'd say you don't have a problem.

If you can score the seat cheap enough, but something looks different, you may be able to just use the bits and pieces you need to fix your issue. Just keep the meat and throw away the bones.
Old 07 Apr 2013, 08:50 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for all your replies. I wasn't thinking about the fact that only the convertible seats need to tip forward to let the back passengers in the car! This is my second 2006 PT convertible, and the seat is not as comfortable as the first one I had. The problem is with the seat back - feels like the adjustable lumbar support is not in the right place, or has slippeed. I thought I would look for one in a Junkyard to see if I can find one more like my first car, before I take apart the current one. I'll keep my search to second series convertibles.
Old 08 Apr 2013, 11:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Anyone anywhere know of or have a pearl drivers seat for a 05 PT/GT/HO vert. Seems they are no longer available at my dealership and they dont know anywhere that sells them.

Tags
seats convertible