Advertisements
possible eBay seller SCAM on PT Cruiser top down boot cover

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Busted_PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Apr 2013, 12:29 pm
Young Cruiser

Default possible eBay seller SCAM on PT Cruiser top down boot cover

Just wanted to post a heads up about a seller on eBay that has sold the same top down boot cover to me and another person and will not reply to messages or ship the cover.

seller ID is rdmj21 located in Kent, Washington

I've brought this to the attention to eBay and they say I'll get my money back but I have to wait until 4/20/13 to file my case.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 01:18 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: possible eBay seller SCAM on PT Cruiser top down boot cover

out of curiousity, how do you know he sold it to another person?

if you payed any other way besides paypal, you need to contact your bank and you'll possibly get your money back in minutes.

if you used paypal, ultimately what will happen is paypal will refund your money and his paypal account will receive a negative balance. a negative balance of $376.51 will most likely prevent him from ever using paypal again.

ebay may want 30 days, paypal may want 60. you'll get it back, but it'll be a while. it does not seem to me that he is a professional scammer, more likely an idiot that crashed his car and decided to part it out(based on description in the turbo auction). it also appears that he has no clue how to use ebay, since he has recently posted questions on how to pay his ebay fees.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-2010-Ch...-/281074927888

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-pt-...-/281089836071

Last edited by rob342; 15 Apr 2013 at 01:31 pm.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 01:36 pm
Banned

Exclamation Re: possible eBay seller SCAM on PT Cruiser top down boot cover

why would you buy something that expensive from someone you dont know with no feedback???

Last edited by Busa_Powered; 15 Apr 2013 at 01:38 pm.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 03:54 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: possible eBay seller FRAUD/SCAM on PT Cruiser top down boot cover

I looked at the sellers feedback and notice it had went to zero. Then noticed it was for a dark slate grey/black boot cover like the one that I had won on 04/08/13 for $150.00 with a Buy it Now. The other person had won a PT Cruiser boot cover auction on 03/16/13 about a month earlier had posted NEGATIVE feedback on the seller this morning for not receiving the boot cover they had won and stated the seller will not answer messages. The same exact thing that the seller is doing to me on the auction I won from them. Too coincidental? I don't think so! How many people have multiples of the dark slate grey PT Conv. boot covers? I've yet to see one on eBay that did. They are the hardest color to locate so I'm sticking with it being FRAUD/SCAM activity! It's being checked into by eBay for possible fraud and I was told that I will receive my money back with eBay buyer protection so I'm not worried about getting my money back.

Last edited by kda66; 15 Apr 2013 at 03:58 pm.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 05:00 pm
Banned

I am guessing you noticed all of this after you bid?
Old 15 Apr 2013, 05:47 pm
Young Cruiser

Yes this all happened this morning a week after I had did a BIN on 4/8/13. Prior to placing my bid I checked the sellers feedback and seen that one was very recent so I did my BIN on the boot cover. Then I noticed this morning that the feedback rating went from 1 to 0. I seen it was for a buyer not receiving their PT boot cover and I immediately called eBay and told them I thought that this was possible scam/fraudulent activity and they should check it out.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 11:03 am
Young Cruiser

Update: Contacted PayPal yesterday and was told I had to wait 10 additional days for the seller to reply back to them after I opened a case on the transaction. Since the seller hasn't replied back to any messages I've sent to them, I'm confident that they will not reply to PayPal either then I will get my complete refund.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 12:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Went through this on here. Fortunately I paid with PayPal and we got our money back. Good heads up notice. Thanks.
kda66 likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 01 May 2013, 12:19 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kda66 View Post
Update: Contacted PayPal yesterday and was told I had to wait 10 additional days for the seller to reply back to them after I opened a case on the transaction. Since the seller hasn't replied back to any messages I've sent to them, I'm confident that they will not reply to PayPal either then I will get my complete refund.
I got my FULL refund today from PAYPAL! Now I just need to find another boot cover for my car. Anyone know of anyone or have one For Sale at a reasonable price? My interior is Dark Slate Grey.