Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
05 pt convertible slowing and stalling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 May 2013, 01:48 am
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy 05 pt convertible slowing and stalling

Hi, Im new to this forum and was wondering if anyone here has had similar problems with thier pt cruiser. Ive had mine since Oct '12 , its a 2005 turbo pt cruiser convertible, automatic. It had been running really well up until St. Patricks day when the engine light popped up an it slowed down while I was driving and then just stalled. The engine and everything electrical stayed on but when I stepped on the gas it wouldnt move. After letting it sit for a couple of minutes it drove like normal but the engine light stayed on.

By the next day the engine light was gone. And it drove normally...up until 3wks ago when the engine light popped back on and it started jerking and slowing and stalling all the time! It was super scary! My mechanic has been trying to figure out whats been causing this problem because everything seems fine. Other than the O2 sensors keep popping up. He also thinks it might be a glitch in the computer. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this same problem and how they dealt with it. Because I was told its best to just fix it and then try to sell it and get a more reliable car. I love my car but Im kind if scared once its fixed it might start stalling again because he said putting in a new computer might not get rid of tge problem for good. :-(

Tags
convertible, o2sensor, slowing, stalling, turbo gt convertible