Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
replacement aftermarket side power mirrors for 2005 GT convertible

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jun 2013, 04:39 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default replacement aftermarket side power mirrors for 2005 GT convertible

Has anyone changed their 2005 convertible power side mirrors to aftermarket ones, like the ones with a turn signal on the mirror? If so, where did you get them, and are there any carbon fiber ones?

Checked ebay, but there are no aftermarket side mirrors for convertibles (only mirrors for the 4 door pt cruisers), as the housing bracket is different than the normal pt cruisers.

Any help is appreciated, as I am tired of the original black ones, but don't want to mess around with painting them either.
Old 22 Jun 2013, 01:21 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: replacement aftermarket side power mirrors for 2005 GT convertible

the ebay mirrors are junk anyways. it's hard to match the quality of a factory mirror. you might consider having yours hydrodipped.

if you really want a turn signal marker on the side of the car i'd suggest possibly adding them to the fender
Old 22 Jun 2013, 01:40 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Post Re: replacement aftermarket side power mirrors for 2005 GT convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedplate View Post
Has anyone changed their 2005 convertible power side mirrors to aftermarket ones, like the ones with a turn signal on the mirror? If so, where did you get them, and are there any carbon fiber ones?

Checked ebay, but there are no aftermarket side mirrors for convertibles (only mirrors for the 4 door pt cruisers), as the housing bracket is different than the normal pt cruisers.

Any help is appreciated, as I am tired of the original black ones, but don't want to mess around with painting them either.
I take it this is what your referring to: 00 01 02 03 04 05 Chrysler PT Cruiser LED Power Mirrors Replacement Limited GT | eBay
Old 22 Jun 2013, 06:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyincctx View Post
Thanks for the replies, but the one on ebay is for the normal sport wagons, and not the convertible. The housing bracket is different and the one in the auction won't fit properly for a convertible (says it is only for sport wagons in the listing). Haven't seen one on ebay yet specifically for a convertible, as the ones being sold are for the normal 4 door sport wagons. Believe me, I have ordered one before and the housing bracket didn't fit properly and ended up having to return it.

Hydro dipping looks interesting, I'll look into that. From the videos I have seen hydro dipping appears to work really well and doesn't seem to be too difficult?

Anyways, if anyone knows where there are aftermarket power (non heated) side mirrors for a GT convertible being sold, let me know.

Thanks!
Old 10 Aug 2013, 09:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Did you ever find your mirror? I ask because I am in the same situation trying to find the 05 PT Cruiser Convertible mirror same as yours...

Thanks.
Old 17 Aug 2013, 02:06 am
Fresh Cruiser

Nope, never found a pair for the convertible PT cruisers. Everywhere I searched only offer the aftermarket side mirrors for the regular PT cruisers, which use a different bracket from the convertible. The only alternatives I have found are having the mirrors repainted, or having them plasti dipped or hydro dipped. I guess there just wasn't enough demand for an aftermarket side mirror for the convertibles...
Old 22 Aug 2013, 06:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

If ur interested, I got a drivers side power mirror from a junkyard in New Jersey...
I was going to replace mine cause it was scratched and had white paint all over where it scratched...but in a fit of genius, I took some carburator cleaner to a rag and with precise technique, removed the paint and preserved the look of the original one! Sooo, I've got a driver side power side mirror (that cost $100 including postage) that I can let go for a reasonable fraction of my investment...shoot me an email if ur interested