Advertisements
What is this thingy?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By randyincctx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jan 2014, 08:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default What is this thingy?

Hello all! I have a 2005 Pt Cruiser Convertible (2.4L Turbo) and I was doing a radio mod when I noticed this thingy in the first picture that I do not know the purpose of. It is connected to the convertible top motor switch and it is mounted in a rectangular hole in the bottom of the center dash, right above the cubbyhole and cup holders. It has a rectangle of a blue piece of translucent plastic in it. It does not emit any light, or seem to really have any purpose at all. Is it a sensor for something?
In the second picture is another thing I do not know the purpose of. It is a connector plug that plugs into the same bar with with the convertible switch, but it connects to nothing. I am assuming it is for a switch on either a GT or non-convertible? I am interested to know what these two things are for. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140110_172706[1].jpg (92.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 20140110_172908[1].jpg (88.3 KB, 48 views)
Old 10 Jan 2014, 08:56 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Post Re: What is this thingy?

The first photo is the 'Center Console Flood Lamp'(it's not working because your bulb is burned out!),it normally takes a #37 bulb,if you would like it to be brighter you can use a #74 bulb(same as Ins. Cluster),or if you want it REALLY bright you can use a #2723 bulb,and the second photo is the 'dead plug' for the 'Traction Control Switch'(which your PT doesn't have).....
SEE: Hole In Dash?

Last edited by randyincctx; 10 Jan 2014 at 11:13 pm. Reason: Bulb Info
Old 11 Jan 2014, 09:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: What is this thingy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyincctx View Post
The first photo is the 'Center Console Flood Lamp'(it's not working because your bulb is burned out!),it normally takes a #37 bulb,if you would like it to be brighter you can use a #74 bulb(same as Ins. Cluster),or if you want it REALLY bright you can use a #2723 bulb,and the second photo is the 'dead plug' for the 'Traction Control Switch'(which your PT doesn't have).....
SEE: Hole In Dash?
Even if bulb isn't burned out, it's hard to tell it's working - I think a lightning bug puts out as much light...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 11 Jan 2014, 04:52 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Cool Re: What is this thingy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Even if bulb isn't burned out, it's hard to tell it's working - I think a lightning bug puts out as much light...
That's why I decided to try the #74 instead,and you can tell it works now.....But,if I decide it's not enough I still have 5 of the #2723 bulbs left from when I put them in my instrument cluster.

Tags
convertible, sensor, switch, wiring harness