PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Advice for a newbie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Apr 2004, 12:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Advice for a newbie

Hi there! Nice forum.

I have been thinking of getting a PT Cruiser for the past year. Last weekend I saw the convertable at a car show. And I think I WANT ONE!

What's the deal on the base model? Is it even available? Is there really 3000.00 worth of difference between it and the Touring Edition? Is it true that absolutely no options can be added to the base model? What is a top boot and do I need one? If I get a base model is it gonna seem like I really went cheap? What about the storing room? Is it gonna be impossible to haul anything around in this baby?

For those of you that have been driving one, (convertable or otherwise) what are your impressions? How does it handle? Is it comfortable? Like I said, I'm really interested, I just want to hear from the experts.

My first car ever was a 74 VW Bug convertable... and this thing is taking me back...

I know I asked alot of questions, I'm just really excited about getting a new car for the first time in a long time. Making a monthly 500.00 car payment is gonna be a little tight, I'll have to cut down on some other passions, I just want to know if it will be worth it.

Thanks for your time,
Ric