Advertisements
Passenger door stuck

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By LionPT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Nov 2014, 09:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Passenger door stuck

I have a 2005 pt cruiser convertible. A while back after my computer in the car needed replacing the power lock for the driver door doesn't lock. I can still push it down so it's no problem. A few months later, I was going to give friend a ride. Unlocked the driver door and pushed the unlock button on the handle but the passenger lock didn't go up. So I tried pulling it up and it won't pull up. You can grab the handle to unlock it only problem is after that the door won't close. I was just wondering if anybody knows how to fix this or if it needs to be taken to the shop and how much the price would be. It is a little frustrating having people have to climb over my side or putting the top down and them climbing over the door.
Old 16 Nov 2014, 10:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Passenger door stuck

I suggest checking out the driver's lock actuator. Do you have a voltmeter to check it out? If you do check and see if it has power and ground going to it. After you find out if the driver's lock actuator has power going to it then after we fix the driver's side lock issue we can start diagnosing your passenger side door issue.

When you have a chance you should introduce yourself to the forum with details about your PT Cruiser so everyone here can get to know you.

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 16 Nov 2014 at 10:40 pm.
Old 16 Nov 2014, 11:24 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Passenger door stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abailey View Post
Unlocked the driver door and pushed the unlock button on the handle but the passenger lock didn't go up. So I tried pulling it up and it won't pull up. You can grab the handle to unlock it only problem is after that the door won't close.
That's a lock problem, something broke or jammed, or just need to be lubed.
With the door open, try to manually close the lock with you fingers or a screwdriver. Once closed spray it with WD-40 or White Lithium...pull handle to open lock & spray it again. If that doesn't work, the next step is to remove the door panel & inspect the lock area. Also the actuator, it should move back & forth by the knob even if it's dead. If it doesn't, the actuator is frozen or 1 of the rod clips slipped or broke off.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost