PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
so....don't let your cat sleep on your convertible top.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jan 2016, 06:26 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default so....don't let your cat sleep on your convertible top.

I came across this picture in one of my iPhone picture folders from last summer..... my brother's cat had gotten out of the house and decided to sunbathe on my convertible top

the little bugger is lucky I like her but damn, that mess took me a good hour to clean up.... and a whole roll of packing tape too. Getting cat hair off the canvas is not an easy job.

erik_over and 917K like this.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 09:30 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: so....don't let your cat sleep on your convertible top.

I'm a dog person myself mostly because I have a soft gravel driveway. The neighbour's cats think where I park my car is a giant litterbox. My cruiser is parked in the street's official 'Poo Station'.

Yep. I'm a dog person
Old 22 Jan 2016, 10:35 pm
Regular Cruiser

I'm a dog and a cat person.... but where I live now I don't have the space for a dog and I prefer large dogs to small ones. I don't think my landlord would like it if I brought home a Great Dane....
Old 23 Jan 2016, 08:41 am
Veteran Cruiser

A lint roller works pretty good for pet hair removal. I'm a dog person too. Never have been and never will be a cat person. Can't trust them!

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 09:51 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I do not like cats........my neighbor brings every stray feral cat around in...there's is about 30-40 of them I have to deal with...... most everything around stinks like cat......I have complained with no results...there is a difference in a house cat and a Feral cat.......I have a Vert also and was almost as bad..
rob342 likes this.

Old 23 Jan 2016, 11:34 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKnight View Post
I do not like cats........my neighbor brings every stray feral cat around in...there's is about 30-40 of them I have to deal with...... most everything around stinks like cat......I have complained with no results...there is a difference in a house cat and a Feral cat.......I have a Vert also and was almost as bad..
leave out a dish of extra salty catfood and a dish filled with antifreeze. cats die of kidney failure all the time. very unfortunate.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 11:54 am
Obsessed Cruiser

If you drive about 80+, it ought to take care of the hair, and if you do that with the cat on top, it's a permanent cure...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 23 Jan 2016, 11:55 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob342 View Post
leave out a dish of extra salty catfood and a dish filled with antifreeze. cats die of kidney failure all the time. very unfortunate.
that's a very cruel and inhumane way to kill an animal. I had a Rottweiler die that way because some idiot neighbour left a puddle of antifreeze in their driveway and my dog jumped the fence. She died a slow and painful death. She had ingested too much antifreeze and there was nothing the vet could do for her and I had to watch her die.

If you dislike feral cats, maybe call a rescue who does trap, neuter and release of feral cats so they don't reproduce instead of being a dick.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 11:56 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
If you drive about 80+, it ought to take care of the hair, and if you do that with the cat on top, it's a permanent cure...
actually, after I cleaned it, I Scotch garded it and squirted it with water spiked with a bit of Tabasco sauce. Cats hate tabasco sauce, the tiniest bit is too overpowering for their noses. No cats sunbathing on the car since!
Old 23 Jan 2016, 11:58 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKnight View Post

Ummmm, call animal control or social services maybe? If your neighbour seems to be an unofficial animal rescue they've got some issues going on.

I've got one cat and trust me, that's enough. She doesn't go outside, and she's old, so all she does is try and hunt birds by watching them through the window and sleep. She's beyond the kitten from hell years, but she cured me from wanting a kitten for a long time.