Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2005 won't start

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Feb 2016, 11:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2005 won't start

I have a 2005 and it sat all winter. Took battery in and had it charged and checked it's all good. Put it in everything connected and still won't start. Acts like it but after trying for 5 min battery is dead again. Friend said he saw sparks when I tried to start it. First time I tried something started to smoke. Someone please help me!!!
Old 25 Feb 2016, 02:20 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 won't start

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahansen1973 View Post
I have a 2005 and it sat all winter. Took battery in and had it charged and checked it's all good. Put it in everything connected and still won't start. Acts like it but after trying for 5 min battery is dead again. Friend said he saw sparks when I tried to start it. First time I tried something started to smoke. Someone please help me!!!
Try putting some starter fluid in the throttle body and see if it starts to run.

If that doesnt do anything take off the camshaft sensor and see if the cam is turning when you are cranking it.

Was the PT Cruiser stored inside or outside? If outside you might want to see if critters have gotten inside the engine compartment and started chewing on wires.

If the engine light is on what codes?

By the way you should introduce yourself to the forum. Give us some details about your PT Cruiser.