• 1 Post By CREWZIN
  • 1 Post By CREWZIN
  • 1 Post By ptprice
  • 1 Post By pasadenahotrod03Dreamer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Apr 2016, 04:35 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Checking out a new convertible

I'm going this evening to look at a convertible since my last project didn't work out. Is there anything I need to look for out of the ordinary?
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 11 Apr 2016, 05:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Checking out a new convertible

Make sure the top goes up and down.
sirchris likes this.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Apr 2016, 06:19 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Make sure the top goes up and down.
It goes up and down manually. Motor won't push it. Is that a big problem?
Old 11 Apr 2016, 06:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirchris View Post
It goes up and down manually. Motor won't push it. Is that a big problem?

Problem, no, as long as your satisfied that it doesn't work properly. Make it a point to lower the price because of it.

sirchris likes this.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Apr 2016, 06:46 pm
Regular Cruiser

I'm ok with manually raising the top. I would imagine it's just a motor that I can replace later.
Old 11 Apr 2016, 06:47 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

My son's PT convertible had a miss function in the windows. They were going too high in the up position when the door was closed which could have led to a damaged top. I asked him how it was fixed. Through the Chrysler Garage he discovered the fix and passed it on to me for you. If the windows are going too high there's a reset. If this appears to be a problem on the one your going to look at, Here's the fix;

Turn the ignition completely off. Then turn it to the on position where your not starting the car but the the radio and windows will work.

With both doors open run both windows all the way down then all the way up. The'll go up about an inch too high which was the initial dysfunction but with the switches still activated the windows will drop down to the correct closed set height, resetting them to the proper height. Turn off ignition and you should the see proper window function from then on.

This fix may be in the PT convertible owners manual or not, but If that's one of the reasons they're getting rid of it, be subtle in your test and fix, you might get a much better deal. Good luck.

Happy Ptin', ptprice
sirchris likes this.
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 12 Apr 2016, 01:32 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Good luck, Chris!
I'm still enjoying the 02 Dream wheels from your old project on my 03 Dream. Haven't replaced the transmission in the 02 Dream yet. Wish I could have gotten yours!
Acquired a nice 07 Pacific Coast highway Street Cruiser which needs a timing belt job. Enough projects for me.
Digging my old 23 T hot rod out of the garage too.
Still got the early fastback Charger?
sirchris likes this.
Old 12 Apr 2016, 08:00 am
Regular Cruiser

Still have the Charger. House plans slowed that project down to a halt. Gotc2 more drivers in the house now and need another car ao I thought id fo back with a Cruiser.