2005 Gt convertible advice - Manual

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GtPt05

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Aug 2016, 01:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2005 Gt convertible advice - Manual

Hey guys,

I've had my cruiser for about a year now, has about 70000 miles and a new clutch. Just wondering what performance options you guys recommend.. I'm a college student so any budget friendly options would be much appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 27 Aug 2016, 08:59 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 Gt convertible advice - Manual

Just leave it alone, is my advice. It'll get you into plenty of trouble just the way it is.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 29 Aug 2016, 12:15 pm
Regular Cruiser

I can't tell you any performance options on the car, rather I'd agree with Chuzz. Cruisers aren't really made for performance. You can get a little speed, but at what cost? How much money would you dump into the car for a little extra and will it hold up? Some cars are just made to be cruisers.
Old 29 Aug 2016, 01:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallen1026 View Post
Hey guys,

I've had my cruiser for about a year now, has about 70000 miles and a new clutch. Just wondering what performance options you guys recommend.. I'm a college student so any budget friendly options would be much appreciated. Thanks!!
The easiest upgrade would be a DiabloSport tuner. I believe you can get a new Intune model for around $399.00. With this you can load a 93 octane tune to your GT's PCM. That will give you a noticeable increase in street performance. And it allows some fine tweaking. Plus you can purchase custom tunes from CMR supposedly professional tuners.

http://www.diablosport.com/shop/

Other than a DS tuner, you could buy a Stage 1 PCM. Syked ECM Tuning just finished one for my 2007 Convertible Touring Edition turbo. Since you have a 2005 GT, you could also use an original Mopar Stage 1 for a 2005 GT. I believe forum member Myckee may still have one for sale. If he still has it, he can flash your VIN number into it before shipping. So it would be plug and play.

Beyond the used Stage 1 PCM's out there floating around for sale, both Syked Tuning and FWD Performance sale them. Both companies take an existing used PCM and just flash it with Stage 1 programming. FWD Performance has the flashing done by Flight Systems which will put an original Mopar Stage 1 label on it. Syked Tuning does the flashing in house and besides the Mopar Stage 1, they also offers their own Stage 1 that is supposed to be a little better. And Syked can create custom Stage 1, 2 and 3 PCM's for racing and/or PT's like mine where Mopar never offered a Stage 1 to begin with.

http://sykedecutuning.com/store/index.php

https://www.fwdperformance.com/Store/

To me, the Mopar Stage 1 PCM and DiabloSport 93 octane tune offer about the same thing for street performance. So it just depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 29 Aug 2016 at 01:08 pm.
Old 29 Aug 2016, 01:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallen1026 View Post
Hey guys,

budget friendly option

Best bang for the buck...
Absolute "E" ride
NOS Sniper system.

flat out 75HP at the wheels gain.
No other upgrade comes close to dollars spent and is a fully transferable system to another vehicle at anytime.

The phrase E ticket (or E ticket ride) refers to the admission ticket system used at the Disneyland and Magic Kingdom theme parks before 1982, where the E ticket (officially termed "E coupon") admitted the bearer to the newest, most advanced, and/or most popular rides and attractions.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 31 Aug 2016, 05:02 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
The easiest upgrade would be a DiabloSport tuner. I believe you can get a new Intune model for around $399.00. With this you can load a 93 octane tune to your GT's PCM. That will give you a noticeable increase in street performance. And it allows some fine tweaking. Plus you can purchase custom tunes from CMR supposedly professional tuners.

Products Gasoline and Diesel Tuning Systems | Diablosport

Other than a DS tuner, you could buy a Stage 1 PCM. Syked ECM Tuning just finished one for my 2007 Convertible Touring Edition turbo. Since you have a 2005 GT, you could also use an original Mopar Stage 1 for a 2005 GT. I believe forum member Myckee may still have one for sale. If he still has it, he can flash your VIN number into it before shipping. So it would be plug and play.

Beyond the used Stage 1 PCM's out there floating around for sale, both Syked Tuning and FWD Performance sale them. Both companies take an existing used PCM and just flash it with Stage 1 programming. FWD Performance has the flashing done by Flight Systems which will put an original Mopar Stage 1 label on it. Syked Tuning does the flashing in house and besides the Mopar Stage 1, they also offers their own Stage 1 that is supposed to be a little better. And Syked can create custom Stage 1, 2 and 3 PCM's for racing and/or PT's like mine where Mopar never offered a Stage 1 to begin with.

Syked Ecu Tuning | Dodge Tuning Software

https://www.fwdperformance.com/Store/

To me, the Mopar Stage 1 PCM and DiabloSport 93 octane tune offer about the same thing for street performance. So it just depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend.
If Myckee still has that Mopar Stage 1 PCM I'd happily take it off his hands, provided it will work for a manual trans. I've been looking for a Mopar one forever.
Old 31 Aug 2016, 06:06 pm
Cool Cruiser

Nitro is correct on the Sniper kit, you won't get more go vs. dough anywhere else. I'm getting one myself. However, if you're like me, and you want everyday street power that is there every time you hit the throttle, get a stage 1 (or flashed equivalent) or get the Diablosport. I currently have the stage 1 in mine, and when I switched to it, I got a very noticeable difference. If you've been driving yours for a while, it's gonna seem like a different car, and in the grand scheme of things, it's a CHEAP upgrade. Beyond that, to get the kind of difference you'll get from a program or nitrous, you'll need to do engine internals.
Old 31 Aug 2016, 08:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

I should add for your consideration... I bought a Diablosport trinity. Should be here tomorrow. It should be slightly more aggressive than the stage 1 (may or may not be able to "feel" that) but the other advantage is you have some other adjustments, and, you can load tunes later for other modifications, and, it also monitors everything your computer monitors, and you can configure gauges on it to monitor all of that data. Which means you can have a gauge for just about anything you desire (multiple running on a screen, if you choose) and you can use it to data log and diagnose. So, while the initial performance gain over the stage 1 may not seem all that worthwhile, the other capabilities may be something you are interested in. Just a thought.
jallen1026 likes this.