PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Best Car Cover for PT Cruiser Convertible?

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Sep 2016, 12:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Question Best Car Cover for PT Cruiser Convertible?

I need a car cover for my little 2007 PT Cruiser convertible.

This car will not be a daily driver. So it will need a home off my carport and under a nice cozy cover when not being driven. I've considered getting one of these in the link below. But I'd really like some input before I decide what to buy.

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Car Covers - CarAutoCovers
Old 07 Sep 2016, 12:06 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Best Car Cover for PT Cruiser Convertible?

You need to just go ahead and build a four car garage with a turn-table in it, Todd. That way, you can drive in, and face them out whenever you want to!
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 07 Sep 2016, 12:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I have already posted some pretty good information about covers on this forum.

The guarantees from most sellers are a advertising HYP. The quality of those covers you are looking at is cheap and will not last very long. You will most likely be spending time exchanging or replacing the cover every year.

Quality covers are in the several hundred dollar range from long time and well known cover companies.

There is NO perfect cover for all application and a cover used outside has special considerations like what is most important to you to protect.

A couple members can contest to how many times I have talked to them about replacing on a regular bi-seasonal replacement chore my lifetime 7 layer cover for my outside vehicles.

Oh and I have even tried to treat the cover out of the box/bag to improve the protection to no real effect.

My advise buy the one you are looking at save the invoice and expect to replace it in about a year or less with daily use.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 07 Sep 2016, 12:31 pm
Banned

I used a cover from the link below and over the years several of my customers used them with great success. I had around 30 PT customers at one point.

They have a big selection to choose from. They are not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Custom Car Covers | California Car Cover Co. Official Site

Jerry
Old 07 Sep 2016, 12:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I should have asked for recommendations by name and model and not just unsupported disrespect for the example I gave.

Also, as with women and everything else, "cheap" and "good" are mutually inclusive. You can't have one without the other.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 07 Sep 2016 at 12:37 pm.
Old 07 Sep 2016, 12:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
I should have asked for recommendations by name and model and not just unsupported disrespect for the example I gave.

Also, as with women and everything else, "cheap" and "good" are mutually inclusive. You can't have one without the other.
DUDE!.....there was no disrespect. You really dont have the mentality to be a performance car enthusiastic you get your feeling hurt to easy?

LOL

COVER CRAFT
&
WOLF

Sold both for many years and even they had their own issues!

Oh and asking for car cover model recommendations it is like asking for underwear recommendations, only you know the environmental condition they are going to be worn in!

There you happy?

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 07 Sep 2016 at 12:55 pm.
Old 07 Sep 2016, 12:56 pm
Senior Cruiser

I don't know which of those you are thinking of and I can't even tell what they are from the link.

I have used everything from Wal-Mart cheapies to whatever the highest level of Evolution fabric was at the time. The cheap ones will generally do more harm than good. You will find rust under them where the water pools and can't get out. The good ones can do a pretty fair job.

I had a good one on the 'cuda before we moved it inside (circa 1993). It probably lasted 5-10 years before it started to shred. That was year round outside in Long Island NY.

Some of them should only be rated for indoor use, to keep the dust off. I have been forced to cover some cars that don't really rate it because from time to time the town wants to fine people for not having cars without plates. At one point they were using helicopters, so the fence and trees blocking it from neighbors (who are almost all relatives) was still not enough.

FWIW, I think the best ones we used were top of the line Cover Craft.
Old 07 Sep 2016, 01:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
DUDE!.....there was no disrespect. You really dont have the mentality to be a performance car enthusiastic you get your feeling hurt to easy?

LOL

COVER CRAFT
&
WOLF

Sold both for many years and even they had their own issues!

Oh and asking for car cover model recommendations it like asking for underwear recommendations only you know the environmental condition they are going to be worn!

There you happy?

Okay, you know about two brands but you think they have problems too. That's about as helpful and a headache. But thank you for your entry.
Old 07 Sep 2016, 01:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fk5 View Post
I don't know which of those you are thinking of and I can't even tell what they are from the link.

I have used everything from Wal-Mart cheapies to whatever the highest level of Evolution fabric was at the time. The cheap ones will generally do more harm than good. You will find rust under them where the water pools and can't get out. The good ones can do a pretty fair job.

I had a good one on the 'cuda before we moved it inside (circa 1993). It probably lasted 5-10 years before it started to shred. That was year round outside in Long Island NY.

Some of them should only be rated for indoor use, to keep the dust off. I have been forced to cover some cars that don't really rate it because from time to time the town wants to fine people for not having cars without plates. At one point they were using helicopters, so the fence and trees blocking it from neighbors (who are almost all relatives) was still not enough.

FWIW, I think the best ones we used were top of the line Cover Craft.

Yeah. I was looking at their best one. But again, I was just giving an example. Those appear to be the same as the "Oxgord" brand and the price is about twice what you can get them for on Amazon. I figure they are Chinese made. But they do have the highest rating on Amazon.

There's so many different ones offered, it's hard to find good information online. I call this the "cell phone" effect. Too many online choices, too many folks interested in them, and too many different opinions. What I was hoping was that there was a "go-to" brand that most folks that use them buy. Jerry has a very good choice but they are very expensive. I found another American made cover that's very similar for less, but there's not much information on it. If no one comes up with something specific, I may just pick one of the better ones from Cover Craft or one of the other big names and then hunt the best price.
Old 07 Sep 2016, 03:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Dude its a car cover buy an inexpensive one that is at least 6 layer and lifetime warranty. Look where you live and park the PT.

Not rocket since here?

Jerry aka wwpptc suggestion I think if you check is only a retail supplier not a manufacture?

Many of the car covers come from Mexico btw.

Amazon is not the best place for product ratings. LOL

Oh this one is really funny...most of the car covers that are not branded are guy that are not brick and mortar and have the covers sent direct from the distributor. Most are all the same covers!

Danny aka busted_Pt how about posting up how many lifetime 7-10 layer covers I have had to pay shipping only for a replacement that I either have mentioned shown you pictures of or even posted on this forum about. LOL

Handy only you can make a car cover choice hold such captivation on a forum.

The car custom cover MINI year model specific that is garage kept I paid 380 buck for 6 years ago. I would not use it as an outside cover even though it is rated for it because of how much it cost. It only came with a 3 year warranty. But it fits like a glove!

The Wolf and Cover Craft IMO would wear prematurely for a Northern California covered car. So I stopped buying them for the less quality lifetime covers that I could get a replacement when something went wrong with them.

What I finally did was to buy a back up cover. this way when I warranty one cover I dont have to wait for the replacement and continue to use the bad cover.

Here you go pictures . In the picture there is the custom MINI cover x 2 7-10 layer lifetime covers and 1 cover craft cover!!!

I wonder any other member have that many personal covers they are using on this forum ??

Just went out and took the picture just for you!

I can also dig up picture of warrantied covers in the last 3 or 4 years if you like?

mityqwik likes this.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN