Covercraft Evolution Car Cover for Handy's PT Convertible

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 1 Post By MJKnight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Nov 2016, 10:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Covercraft Evolution Car Cover for Handy's PT Convertible

A few weeks ago, I ordered a Covercraft Custom Evolution car cover for my little 2007 PT Cruiser "Super Bee" convertible. And today it came in. So I thought I'd start a new thread on this in case anyone is looking for a convertible car cover in the future and wants to see what this one is like.

These are made in American and custom made to fit individual vehicle models. So it can take several weeks to get it after being ordered. I ordered mine directly from Covercraft so I know my warranty will be good.

As you can see, this cover is fairly bulky. I just bought a $22 Walmart car cover for my Dodge Charger. And it came in a box about the size of a 1 gallon milk jug. This Covercraft cover came with the cover, directions, a string to keep it rolled up with, and a grommet so you can add your own hole for the radio antenna if you want one. I plan to use this cover for winter storage so I can just remove the antenna when I use it.

The cover fits nice and snug. It was definitely tailor made for the PT convertible.

This custom fit is MUCH better than the $22 Walmart cover on my Charger. And notice that pine straw. That's one days worth. It's pretty well raining pine straw at my house this time of year.

The only logo on the cover is this little tag sewn in above the left mirror. There's some tags in the back but this is the only label that shows.

Strangely, my $22 Walmart cover came with a bag to keep it in even though I'd have to wrap the cover up really tight to use it. But this nice Covercraft cover for my PT doesn't have one. I guess I could have got one if I'd paid extra. But instead I bought a $7 laundry bag. This cover is more like a comforter than anything else. So it will still need to be rolled pretty well to fit in this.

Overall, I think I'm going to be happy with this cover. But I figure the quality of a cover is shown out over time. Will it last?

My whole plan for this little car is to enjoy it when the weather is warm when I can pop the top. So it will likely sit for several months during the winter. And that's what this cover is really for. I may go ahead and get a cheap cover like the one on my Charger to use right now. That way this nice cover won't get covered in pine sap as the pine needles fall. But I figure the Covercraft cover will be very nice and keep my car nice, dry and cozy when it gets chilly in December.

Old 05 Nov 2016, 03:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Covercraft Evolution Car Cover for Handy's PT Convertible

Hey,

The $7 laundry bag I got at Walmart fits the Covercraft cover just right. I think we've got this thing figured out.

Old 05 Nov 2016, 04:14 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Storing that in the spacious
vert trunk..????..
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

Old 05 Nov 2016, 04:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKnight View Post
Storing that in the spacious
vert trunk..????..
You know it. Plenty of room in there for the cover and an extra pair of socks.