PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Tall in the Saddle

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Nov 2016, 08:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Tall in the Saddle

I'm 6'2 and when I look out the front of the windshield, the sun visor is right in my line of sight. Anyone have any neat things they've done after removing them? I never use mine anyway... was thinking of adding some on/off lighting up front since the power line is there. If you've got pics of something cool you've done please post!
Old 16 Nov 2016, 09:09 pm
Banned

Default Re: Tall in the Saddle

Welcome to the forum

You should go to the New Members section and create your own thread and tell us a little about yourself and your PT and post some pics of your PT when you get a chance.
Old 16 Nov 2016, 09:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpcroozer View Post
I'm 6'2 and when I look out the front of the windshield, the sun visor is right in my line of sight. Anyone have any neat things they've done after removing them? I never use mine anyway... was thinking of adding some on/off lighting up front since the power line is there. If you've got pics of something cool you've done please post!

I'm also 6'2". This was not a problem in my 2001 Limited or my 2005 GT. But I too seem to often be looking straight at the sun visor in my 2007 convertible. I don't notice it too bad when the top is down. But it's obvious when the top is up. I like my seat back adjusted almost straight up too. If I ease it back a little, this isn't an issue. I don't know if this is a 2nd Gen PT seat thing or just a PT convertible thing.

You should go to the new members section and tell us about your PT and yourself. Then we can compare notes.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 16 Nov 2016 at 09:55 pm.
Old 16 Nov 2016, 11:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the welcome and input guys... I actually started a thread called "Return to the fold" in the convertible section because that's what model I have now. It tells my history with PT's but it must be under review with the moderators because it has images and I'm new to the forum. Maybe they will release it tomorrow so I can finish posting.

I do sit with the seat pretty straight up too... My arms must be shorter than I think because it feels odd to recline. hehe
wingman55 likes this.
Old 17 Nov 2016, 06:46 am
Veteran Cruiser

Welcome to the forum. I'm 5'11" and have no problem with the 03. As far as the arm thing goes, I've been told I have "orangutan" arms so I like the seat back in a slightly leaning position. Not like I'm in the hood, but not quite straight up either. Is the T in your name for T-Rex? LOL

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 17 Nov 2016, 01:49 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
I am also 6' 2" but for some reason on my two PTs (first gen) the sun visor is not in my way at all. Do you have the power up and down seat like my '02 Limited has? If so, maybe it's all of the way up. When I do that I do indeed then see the visor.
Prescott, Arizona, home of forested mountains, 5 lakes (well, four lakes and one big pond), and Arizona's Christmas City (my home 6,000 feet elevation) - 2005 Touring & 2002 Limited - both patriot blue & factory stock
Old 17 Nov 2016, 04:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome and input guys... I actually started a thread called "Return to the fold" in the convertible section because that's what model I have now. It tells my history with PT's but it must be under review with the moderators because it has images and I'm new to the forum. Maybe they will release it tomorrow so I can finish posting.

I do sit with the seat pretty straight up too... My arms must be shorter than I think because it feels odd to recline. hehe
Aha!

So this is likely a convertible thing after all. I suspected as much.
Old 17 Nov 2016, 07:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yes, I have the power seat all the way down...

This is pretty much what it looks like when I'm in the car with the visor in place.

Old 17 Nov 2016, 07:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Visibility goes waaaaay up with the visor out of the way:
rockandroller likes this.
Old 17 Nov 2016, 07:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I was thinking that since I have these simple LED lights and switches, it may be easy to tap into the hot wire and add some additional lighting once the visors are down. I'll have to give it a test. They could possibly be too bright.

Got them installed. They work great.

On/Off switch:
wingman55 likes this.

Last edited by tpcroozer; 28 Feb 2018 at 08:35 pm.