Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
GT Covertible - Make it Go Fast Now!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jul 2004, 11:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to MACE
Default GT Covertible - Make it Go Fast Now!

Hi Folks:

Haven't been around awhile, PC problems at home.

Finally took delivery of my 2005 GT Convertible last Saturday!!! Damn, what a fast little car! (after coming out of a 2001 Dodge Dakato AWD Quad Cab w/the 4.7).

Had the dealer install Mopar's BOV conversion kit B4 I took delivery...for the life of me, it's not as loud as I thought it would be (FWIW, I did take out the white cone silencer from the airbox as soon as I drove the car home, masking the sound?)... I was really expecting more 'sound'!

Educate me: during up or downshifts and letting off the gas, I should hear the BOV, right? Or only at certain RPMs? Sure as hell looks like its installed properly to me, I mean come on, a DCX mechanic should know it can only install just one way.

I have almost 300 miles after 1 week of driving...got the 5sp - haven't gone past 4k on the tach in any gear, yet, I ain't too shy about getting up to 4k real quick...am I being too hard on break in?

My first 4 cyl turbo engine, I don't let the RPM get below 2k in any gear with out downshifting, and stay around 2500-3000 RPM in any gear when in trafiic, is this good engine saving shift points (the hell with fuel economy (remeber I had a truck B4 this) with staying right around the power band in all gears?

I already have the VAK kit for this...no problems installing it ASAP w/out worrying about proper break in, right?

That being said: HAS ANYONE YET TO INSTALL A S1 TURBO UPGRADE AND DUAL TURBO CAT-BACK EXHAUST ON YOUR 2005 GT CONVERTIBLE YET?

If so, where did you get them parts? Mopar?

I HAVE THE NEED 4 SPEED!

Ok, now onto minor beefs (as little as they are):

Cowl shake, nothing to do about that, right? At low to mid-speed and over bumpy roads, A-Pillars/windsheild have obvious shaking.

Convertible boot, don't fit too snug, I know how to put it on correctly, just doesn't tuck in nice and tight in the rear over the 'trunk'...any secrets? Also, everytime I take it outta of the plastic bag from the trunk and put it on, it's got dark smudges all over it...damn thing is real hard to keep clean, what's a good cleaner for this? (Taupe color)

Turn signal stalk, real stiff when flipping it to the off position after making a turn, maybe thats a good thing?

Well damn, thas all my bitches, guess I shouldn't complain too much...let me say this...YAH, I have no regrets buying this vehicle!

As always...thanks in advance!

-MACE-