Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Anthony1
  • 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 1 Post By Anthony1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Oct 2020, 09:52 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default more water leaking in

its been raining quite a lot here lately and last week i had a puddle in the rear footwell for the passenger side , i covered the roof with a tarp , leaving the rear part of the roof exposed and next day the floor was wet again so next i covered up just the rear portion of the roof and next day even with heavy rain it hadn't got any more soaked so i'm assuming the drain channels are blocked ,i have researched were they are or how to unclog them but i'm coming up empty
does anyone have any information on the rear drains for a 2007 pt cruiser convertible please , or any idea how to clean them
thank you
rockandroller likes this.
Old 29 Oct 2020, 07:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: more water leaking in

On the vert, the rear drain channels are behind the roof. With the roof half up, you should be able to reach them. If I remember right, there are hoses that drain from the channels to beneath the car. That's what may be blocked. Use a piece of wire or compressed air to clean them.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 29 Oct 2020 at 07:06 am.
Old 29 Oct 2020, 05:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Also check to see if you have rainwater getting into the trunk.
Old 29 Oct 2020, 06:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

there is a little water coming in on the drivers side in the boot , the majority is coming into the passenger footwell in the rear
Old 01 Nov 2020, 11:23 am
Fresh Cruiser

so i stripped the inside panelling of the car because i couldn't see anywhere that there was a drain or a tube or a channel , once inside there is still nothing.
i looked with a torch and the only thing i could see was a small pile of leaves right at the bottom of the car where the sill meets the inner wheel well. but there was no way to get to it , so then i thought about looking outside the car again . at the front of the rear wheel well is a splash panel which i took off and underneath that there are 2 rubber grommets , i pulled them out and found leaves , i mashed them up as best as i could with a long screwdriver and tried to flush it out with the hose , after several attempts water started coming out of some seems along the sill , so i carried on with the poking and flushing till it ran freely ,
next i put the roof up and squirted water at the roof and windows and water started coming out the drain holes , i think that was my major water leak, there is also one in the boot ,right near where a strap for the roof is bolted to, not sure how to tackle that one but at least the other one is done and i can dry the carpet out
Old 01 Nov 2020, 01:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
so i stripped the inside panelling of the car because i couldn't see anywhere that there was a drain or a tube or a channel , once inside there is still nothing.
i looked with a torch and the only thing i could see was a small pile of leaves right at the bottom of the car where the sill meets the inner wheel well. but there was no way to get to it , so then i thought about looking outside the car again . at the front of the rear wheel well is a splash panel which i took off and underneath that there are 2 rubber grommets , i pulled them out and found leaves , i mashed them up as best as i could with a long screwdriver and tried to flush it out with the hose , after several attempts water started coming out of some seems along the sill , so i carried on with the poking and flushing till it ran freely ,
next i put the roof up and squirted water at the roof and windows and water started coming out the drain holes , i think that was my major water leak, there is also one in the boot ,right near where a strap for the roof is bolted to, not sure how to tackle that one but at least the other one is done and i can dry the carpet out
Is there anyway the leaves are getting in other than the top being down?
Old 02 Nov 2020, 12:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

dont think so , i think the leaves sit in the channel and when i put the top down they fall into the space , i have a lot of trees depositing leaves everywhere , i have to get rid of them before i can cut my grass at certain times of year
Old 02 Nov 2020, 12:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

does the trim around the roof near the back of the car just pull out or is it bolted in place?
Old 03 Nov 2020, 09:49 am
Fresh Cruiser

is there a service manual for the convertible