Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hard top or Carson top?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Oct 2004, 01:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Hard top or Carson top?

Is anyone know of a hard top or carson style top being worked on for the PT convertables? PTeaser has that Roadster but the said that it isn't a perfect fit with a stock PT cause the one they built is so modifed.

I think it would look great. Even better if you could lose the nurf roll bar. It'd would have a really nice '50 Hot Rod and Hard Top look going.

-Joe

P.S. Man the convertable board seems quite.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 05:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Hard top or Carson top?

I TOTALY AGREE!!!!

I myself am looking for the same thing. PTeazer is nice but I want real world hard top.

Same but for daily. If I cant find one I will make one. You can count your chickens.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 06:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

With this being the last year of production, I don't think anyone is going to fabricate something new unless there's a large enough demand.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 09:10 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Hard top or Carson top?

Hey Guys,

I actually at one point a while back had started developing a soft one piece removable Carson Top for my buddy Poi's Vert

The idea was to build a frame out of light weight aluminum tubing, and then have an upholstery shop cover it in convertible material. It would be latched down, and removed as one piece when not in use.

I have always thought that it would be a really cool mod but we just never developed it much beyond the design on paper. Anyways here is a rough pic of what we were kicking around. Is this somewhat close to what you guys were thinking?

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 25 Mar 2009, 02:12 am
Senior Cruiser

I have to one day meet that guy!
Old 08 Apr 2009, 12:12 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Hey if anyone is serious about making the first carson top for the convertable im close with my roadster top .but there are some issues to overcome like side glass and having to deal with that roll bar thingy. If you want a project to develop this part for yourself and possibly market the top through the Pteazer brand,contact Ray at 714 448 8630.
Old 08 Apr 2009, 02:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I will be making a removable top and tanau cover for my convertable later this year. Not sure if I'm going with a fiberglass top or a Carson Style with matching bed cover. See my intro on the "convert" forum.

Ray, I have left you a pm and a phone message without a reply.
This slow rewponse makes me cautious of dealing with PTEazer.
Perhaps you can answer some questions here in a thread.

• Did you make a mold of your top?
  • Do you have functioning door glass?
  • Do you have a smooth roll pan?
  • Do you have a blank-off for tail light openings?

Any help would be apreaciated.

Thanks,
Craig
Old 08 Apr 2009, 05:00 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Craig,I am busy in the back and all I can say is call me again and if I dont have three lines going you will get me. to answer some of your questions. the mould is not made yet as my first priority was for the roadster top and that is lower than the convertible ,it allso has no windows so we havent tried it on a convertible to see how the windows are going to work .I think we can make it work but at this stage its just another dream untill somebody steps up to the plate.I can do a smooth rollpan or give you a fiberglass one that you can modify however you want.that will run you $200.00 if your interested. I dont have any fillers for the tail lamp openings sorry. Allso on the top to fit the convertible the front mount has to be modified if we are going to make it functional,if not it would be easy.Hey please bare with me bro I"m a one man band at the moment just trying to keep it all together.hopefully we can talk soon.RAY Pteazer.
Old 08 Apr 2009, 05:26 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Hard top or Carson top?

Hey Ray,

I rekon Jon has probably already invited you, but if not yet, I wanted to invite you over to my private chat tonight if you would like.

Anyways, please get with Jon if you would like to join us in the Chat! He has the address and you are welcome anytime! I will be in their starting at 7:00 tonight till whenever.

Go easy, and I hoipe to talk to you soon!

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 08 Apr 2009 at 06:27 pm.
Old 08 Apr 2009, 08:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pteazer View Post
Craig,I am busy in the back and all I can say is call me again and if I dont have three lines going you will get me. to answer some of your questions. the mould is not made yet as my first priority was for the roadster top and that is lower than the convertible ,it allso has no windows so we havent tried it on a convertible to see how the windows are going to work .I think we can make it work but at this stage its just another dream untill somebody steps up to the plate.I can do a smooth rollpan or give you a fiberglass one that you can modify however you want.that will run you $200.00 if your interested. I dont have any fillers for the tail lamp openings sorry. Allso on the top to fit the convertible the front mount has to be modified if we are going to make it functional,if not it would be easy.Hey please bare with me bro I"m a one man band at the moment just trying to keep it all together.hopefully we can talk soon.RAY Pteazer.
Thanks!
I'll take you up on the roll pan and do the tail lights out of metal.
I may be coming down south in a couple of weeks so I can pick them up instead of shipping.

Craig