PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser News and Rumors > PT Cruiser Of The Month

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Cruiser of the Month

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jun 2014, 08:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Cruiser of the Month

Looking for someone that is familiar with this forums message board format to run the Cruiser of the Month (COTM). You'll be given moderator access to ONLY that part of the forum. You'll be asked to collect pictures from members on an open thread. I'll close the thread when asked, then another thread with a poll for voting for about 2 weeks. Finally a third thread with the winner. I'll delete the first two when a winner is picked. Starting over again the next month.

Chromenut did a great job on the first couple months of this year but he's become way too busy with his new job to run the COTM anymore.

If there's no interest or not the participation necessary, then we'll delete the COTM altogether.

Rules are posted in the NEWS and RUMORS section but here they are again....

Cruiser of the Month competition rules
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 09:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Cruiser of the Month

Nitro has those skills.. Or maybe Busa lol.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 27 Jun 2014, 03:40 am
Banned

A.b.b

Anybody but busa
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 09:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Nitro has those skills.. Or maybe Busa lol.
+1 on Busa. He seems to need something to do to stay out of trouble. Idle hands are the troll's workshop. Plus, he seem to know PT modifications pretty well.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 27 Jun 2014 at 09:19 am.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 09:56 am
Obsessed Cruiser

As busa himself said: A.b.b.
Busted_PT likes this.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 10:21 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Looking for someone that is familiar with this forums message board format to run the Cruiser of the Month (COTM). You'll be given moderator access to ONLY that part of the forum. You'll be asked to collect pictures from members on an open thread. I'll close the thread when asked, then another thread with a poll for voting for about 2 weeks. Finally a third thread with the winner. I'll delete the first two when a winner is picked. Starting over again the next month.

Chromenut did a great job on the first couple months of this year but he's become way too busy with his new job to run the COTM anymore.

If there's no interest or not the participation necessary, then we'll delete the COTM altogether.

Rules are posted in the NEWS and RUMORS section but here they are again....

Cruiser of the Month competition rules
How much learning would I need to do to get up to speed on the message board format?

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 10:53 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrym View Post
How much learning would I need to do to get up to speed on the message board format?
Actually Harry, I'm not sure. Since you've been around since 2011, know how to post, add pictures and get around the forum, I wouldn't think there would be much to learn. Most of it is all done on the one part of the forum under NEWS & RUMORS where the separate section COTM is located.

You'd start a thread saying COTM for (month) is open and (1 or 2 ) pictures will be accepted until (date). People then post their pictures and when the date or 10 pictures are posted (POLL only goes to 10), you say that the thread is closed and I lock it down. Then a new thread with a POLL is opened, pictures are placed in no particular order and when members come to that thread they are able to vote ONE time until a date is reached by whoever is running the COTM and the winner picture is put on another thread. Then I go and delete the first two threads as they aren't needed anymore and it won't fill up the COTM thread page.

Thinking about it, I don't know how much moderator privileges are actually needed. You just have to know how to pick and put pictures from one thread to another and anybody can do that with a left click and "copy image URL" so the posted pictures can go to the POLL thread and the winning picture can go to the Winner thread.

Mainly it's just being around maybe one a day to see the pictures coming in and stop the poll when the limit is reached. Then seeing the results of the poll thread and posting a Winner thread with his/her picture. And making sure each picture (or two) goes by the rules and once a winner is picked, he/she can't enter again for a year.
Old 08 Jul 2014, 09:16 pm
Banned

Well looks like no one else wants to take it over, so I will volunteer
Old 08 Jul 2014, 09:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

NO thank you!
Old 08 Jul 2014, 09:19 pm
Banned

We can work side by side Crewzin

Dont judge me, love me