PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser News and Rumors > PT Cruiser Of The Month

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
SOOO BIG's bid for August "PT Cruiser of the Month"

Like Tree14Likes
  • 6 Post By ptprice
  • 1 Post By ptprice
  • 3 Post By ptprice
  • 1 Post By Busted_PT
  • 2 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 1 Post By ptprice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Aug 2016, 07:35 am
Senior Cruiser

Default SOOO BIG's bid for August "PT Cruiser of the Month"

Nuff said. SOOO BIG's asked me to enter him in the August "PT Cruiser if the Month".
The info in my signature gives all his particulars so I'll just post some photos of SOOO BIG. I've thrown in a "before " photo of SOOO BIG so you'll understand what he's endured to reach this pristine level.
There are other great PT's entered so good luck to everyone.
I'm partial to SOOO BIG so he gets my vote.
Happy Ptin', ptprice

SOOO BIG does't need suspenders anymore 002.jpg

SOOO BIG does't need suspenders anymore 006.jpg

SOOO BIG does't need suspenders anymore 007.jpg

SOOO BIG does't need suspenders anymore 009 reduced_NEW.jpg

SOOO BIG does't need suspenders anymore 010 reduce_NEW.jpg

Monitor detail for back up camera 006.jpg

New Grill, Skuff Guard and Chrysler Emblem on Vanity Cover 003.jpg

SOOO BIG's rear shelf resto 001.jpg

user37779_pic6542_1470001526_thumb.jpg

SOO BIG's repair, left side.jpg
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats W/ Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers and Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 02 Aug 2016 at 08:18 am. Reason: Add photo og rear shelf
Old 02 Aug 2016, 05:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: SOOO BIG's bid for August "PT Cruiser of the Month"

Well it's official. The glow has been washed away from SOOO BIG's hope of being an August winner! It was fun while it lasted! And fore-not, after all that early mornin' PM campainin' this mornin.

The word from Crewzin is that; "he's not runnin' the PT Cruiser of the Month competition, he never did, and nobody else wants to do it."

So George, why don't you in your own inimitable fashion, take over the responsibilities of the PT Cruiser of the Month competition. What a fine magnanimous gesture that would be.

I've got so many surgery just done and comin' up that it was an effort to comply with SOOO BIG's August request! So I can't take on that responsibility now.

PT Cruiser of the Month had been a long term feature of the PT Cruiser Forum though, and if not you, perhaps some other member would like to take on the duty.

To sweeten the pot, SOOO BIG'll step aside and you'll be a shoe in for August. You could possibly retroactively win July too!

Both your PTs deserve it!

How 'bout all the members from Great Britain, Australia, Europe and the far east we hear from. I don't think having your steering wheel on the wrong side should be a disclaimer. Surely there's a way to perpetuate this fine tradition.

Happy PTin', ptprice
wingman55 likes this.
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats W/ Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers and Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 02 Aug 2016, 06:24 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Ah no, I've just posted for the Cruiser of the month with tongue in cheek.

Have no interest in any kind of formal setup.

I just took the opportunity to Toot My Own Horn about my rides.

Just for fun.
http://www.carnut.com/
FB https://www.facebook.com/george.c.mcdowell
My 2005 PT Cruiser GT Convertible Project

Old 02 Aug 2016, 07:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Here's the deal.

If you look back in the older threads, lots of members had heavily modded PT's and it's easy to imagine the high level of competition for Cruiser of the Month. But nowadays, there's less active members and we tend to do more understated mods or no mods at all. The thrust today seem to be more in the realm of keeping our high-mileage PT's running rather than spending thousands on show-level mods.

So there's just not enough competition to keep the Cruiser of the Month thing going strong. Plus, most of us have full lives already and don't want to be saddled with having to put up the poll every month and then beg folks to enter.

All that said, I have an idea. Why don't we instead have a "Cruiser of The Quarter" competition? And we can even have prizes.

It would only take 4 members to sign up to host just one event and that would cover an entire year. For prizes, there still lots of little cheap PT knickknacks to be had on eBay for not much money. Somewhere I've got some PT Christmas lights, a PT "credit card" Swiss Army knife thing and a PT rally flag. I'd donate one of those for each of the next three quarters if some folks here want to host a poll.

If anyone is interested in this, check with CREWZIN. And when you start it, I'll chime in with the prize. This could be really fun!

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 02 Aug 2016 at 07:08 pm.
Old 02 Aug 2016, 09:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

George. I'm always glad to see new blood coming into the PT Cruiser Forum. I for one expect a certain amount of horn tooting for the sake of humor. I say welcome. I'm glad your a member of the Forum. Your PTs are awesome.

We need more of a sense of humor in the PT Cruiser Forum. Off times in threads other than the "never ending joke" thread, subtle humor is misunderstood. This often leads to a sever case of noseious out of jointious.

Keep on "keepin' on" my friend. Welcome to the club!

I mean't only of course, not to "toot my own horn"............ "Tongue in cheek", SOOO BIG asked me to enter him for August!

That's a great idea Todd and one with the merit to fit the complexion of our current PT Cruiser Forum.
I'd be glad to ship a bunch of prints as prizes and I'm sure there are lots of members with other goodies they could contribute.
Lets see if it flies! Your "new" vert will be a contender soon!

Happy PTin', ptprice

Last edited by ptprice; 02 Aug 2016 at 10:08 pm. Reason: addition
Old 03 Aug 2016, 09:40 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I vote for Sooo Big and if the rest does the same you win.
ptprice likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 03 Aug 2016, 10:07 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
I vote for Sooo Big and if the rest does the same you win.
Now you sound more like the Democrat National Convention nomination rules. Here's your one candidate. It's already rigged in her favor. So let's all vote for her and get on down the road. All we lack here on the forum is to assign a bunch of super delegates to vote the way we want long before the actual competition begins.
Busted_PT and ptprice like this.
Old 03 Aug 2016, 09:21 pm
Senior Cruiser

Todd, I may have an idea for a self perpetuating, self scoring, self monitoring non volunteer needed, PT CRUISER OF THE QUARTER competition (as you suggested), or MONTH.

I sorta threw the idea on the wall this morning waiting to go stand in line for the Daytona DONALD TRUMP Rally. (Awesome) The rally, not my idea, yet!

I'll look it over in the light of a new day, see what stuck, and if it's not just fools cloth I'll iron it out and post the suggestion.

This effort is obviously, possibly, entirely gratuitous, as SOOO BIG's still pestering me!

Thank you all for answering my campaign PMs for SOOO BIG. That PM response at least shows there's still some Forum interest in continuing some form of the old PT Cruiser of the Month.

If others are of a same mind and inclination please let me know and throw in your suggestions relative to self perpetuating, self scoring, self monitoring, no volunteer needed competition.

It's more than evident, I'm not a designated contest guru. I just got a wild hair of an idea!

Happy PTin', ptprice
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 03 Aug 2016, 09:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Now you sound more like the Democrat National Convention nomination rules. Here's your one candidate. It's already rigged in her favor. So let's all vote for her and get on down the road. All we lack here on the forum is to assign a bunch of super delegates to vote the way we want long before the actual competition begins.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com