PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser News and Rumors > PT Cruiser Of The Month

PT Cruiser Forum

PT CRUISER of the MONTH suggestion

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bubba_1952

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Aug 2016, 01:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default PT CRUISER of the MONTH suggestion

As popular as this friendly PT Cruiser Forum event has been in the past, it seems that the want for it is still there. It's withstood the test of time. but in this now age of instant gratification, shorter attention spans and our ever expanding distractions and responsibilities, we've lost this fun, inspirational and important facet of the Forum to the decline of having a member to "work" the event.

Basically most of our PTs now, as has been noted, are of a different "breed" that the earlier "fresh out of the box" icons of worship that were done up in yesteryear. To mix it up, one time event either monthly or quarterly, could be dedicated to originals, sacred groceries getters, restorations and reincarnations, another to modifications and tweaks. Just to keep up interest is all our PT endeavors and to keep the playing field somewhat equal.

I think I may have hit on an idea that might, with suggestions and tweaks, make the PT CRUISER OF THE MONTH or QUARTER self sustaining, perpetual, fair, self monitored and would add to that spirit of bonhommie that is so prevalent in the PT Cruiser Forum.

The original set of simple rules are still entirely adequate and as excellent a base for the continuation of this event as is the constitution to our government.

They're as follows; (with suggestion in parentheses)

1. To enter the competition you must submit photos, maximum width 780 pixels, of your PT Cruiser. These photos must be "real" as that photo manipulations aren't authorized. If a photo is deemed manipulated , the entry is rejected. (I add as a suggestion, additionally that that the entrant would be rejected from further competition for a certain period. We fix-'em up in the garage, not on photo shop). It's suggested to use your album on the Forum to upload your photos, then link it for the entry.

2. Based on the element of the competition, each month or quarter (as already sagely suggested) would close down after ten entries. (Ten entries are easily monitored and just like the old American and National League baseball teams of nine teams in each league, "more is not always better"). So always post soonest.(My suggested addition to this stipulation is that the first entrant would be the designated compiler of the votes for that time segment. Ergo the event becomes self sustaining for each time period).
Here's some simple suggested amendments; (Each entrant would be allowed, on their posted PT CRUISER OF THE MONTH thread, with moderate privilege to tweak their post. By this I don't mean much more than correction of an error in syntax, adding a photo or correcting punctuation or spelling. Nothing would be allowed that would skew the initial intent of the post or its replies).

(Obviously the earlier an entry is made the more of timely exposure will be expected. For this reason the first entrant, immediately privileged to begin acquiring votes, would also be assigned the event responsibility to post the compiled voting tabulations on their post or a separate designated post titled something like THIRD QUARTER PT CRUISER OF THE QUARTER VOTE TALLY in a running, timely fashion for the duration. Small price to pay for first come, first serve. Additionally each additional entrant is obligated to maintain their own personnel vote tally as a check and balance and as an aid in tabulation to the assigned compiler if needed).

(Voting would only be singularly cast by PT Cruiser Forum members and would be counted as a vote from any reply to that particular PT CRUISER OF THE MONTH thread. Only one vote per member, per entrant allowed for event. The participant, expected to visit and perhaps make additional replies to their thread would glean only one vote for themselves as well. An additional vote cast to another participant during the event by any PT Cruiser member would be deemed null and void. The arbitrary determiner on this would always be the earliest vote is the valid vote).

(Replies are recorded by count on every page of the PT Cruiser Forum. As that record includes not only total, but the PT Cruiser Forum member's Forum name initiating the reply, and the time. This I construe would be a perfect accurate, ad hoc means for the running compilation of voting result).

3.Anyone can enter every month (or quarter) but only once for time frame. If they don't win they can enter the next time frame if they wish. It's once per time frame per PT,. If you own more than one PT you have the right to enter each and every one, once per time frame the maximum.

Any time frame winner can not enter again in the same year for the same PT. After the new year anyone can enter again. That is per PT! If you've won a time frame event with a specific PT and you have others, they can be entered again the following time frame.

5. Entries (here's a suggested change) ("and voting" will be allowed from the start of the beginning of the month of the time frame, through the first weekend, through the following complete week and through the following week end. Basically ten days). After that the entry is locked down and (here's a second suggested change), (voting will continue till the end of the following weekend). If we get ten entries, prior to this time element, entries will be locked down at ten entries. (The additional voting time will somewhat stabilize the time advantage of earlier entrants and may promote a bit of "wait and see" among Forum members).

(Perhaps the time constraints on a quarterly event as apposed to a monthly event would increase? But in either case the event participation would be limited to ten PTs going back to the old American/National League baseball adage).

As this is should only be construed as "between those who have a common interest in PT Cruisers" it's to be assumed that there's a built in honor system in place. In case of arbitration at the end of the voting, each participant may submit their voting tally total count to the designated compiler and an unbiased average from all the counts would prevail. In case of a tie the award certificate would be presented to both as a jpeg or PDF that can be down loaded and printed, suitable for framing.

Any tangible prizes awarded that might be accumulated by a "prize guru" or considerate Forum members would be shipped to the recipient, understanding that the shipping cost would be born by the recipient. (IE convenient Paypal payment)

I know this is something I've just scraped off the wall this morning but I hope it might be the nucleolus for getting this PT Cruiser Forum Iconic event back on track. It's a bit of a mouth full and with my limits took a while to type but there's really not much of a change from the initial intent of the PT CRUISER OF THE MONTH event.

I've attached a suggested jpeg of a simple award I knocked out. In PDF form it's bordered. The Forum format wouldn't accept my PDF offering.The image of SOOO BIG isn't perpetual. It can be replaced with a generic PT Cruiser drawing or even the award winner's PT. It can also be of a larger size.

Happy Ptin', ptprice

PT CRUISER of the MONTH AWARD 001.jpg
2.4 Cyl. DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. W/Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans., 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-Up Torque Converter, 16 X 6 Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring Tires, Touring Suspension.
Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, 3/8" Belt Trim, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel, Chrome Tail Lights, Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moonroof, Fog and Back Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Premium Trim, Taupe/Pearl Beige Leather Bucket Seats. Driver's Seat Power Height Adjust and Manual Lumbar Adjust, Passenger's Seat Storage Drawer. Full Length Floor Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass console, Rear Shelf, AM/FM CD GPS Nav. Radio, 6 Premium Speakers. Back Up Camera w/Monitor.
Old 04 Aug 2016, 02:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: PT CRUISER of the MONTH suggestion

Not quite "self-sustaining" as someone would have to start and finish things off.

A "prize guru" or considerate Forum member would have to be appointed.

Number of pictures submitted would have to be limited.

"It's to be assumed that there's a built in honor system in place"
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
Old 04 Aug 2016, 04:14 pm
Senior Cruiser

Crewzin, what I meant by "self sustaining" was simply that each event would generate its own lead. As one time endeavor there's no overwhelmed "big boss" with the year long commitment to the monthly or quarterly events. Maybe "self perpetuating" would be a better parsing of words.

That said, the event lead could also have the privilege of deciding the format of their singular event. Be it originals, sacred groceries getters, restorations and reincarnations, customs or mods and tweaks. I'll guess, final input from Forum members responses to these humble suggestions decides. Not withstanding, the OK and good guidance of Crewzin.

As I see it, the "prize guru" is an entity in thought only. That entity would probably be that cross section of the Forum members with that consideration and a surplus "stash". That again wouldn't need anything but a thread posted by the contributor regarding a particular event and the offering with the understanding that shipping is recipient responsibility.

Is there a stipulation in place for "the limit on number of pictures submitted"? I copied those rules literally word for word from just one thread. I only read a reference to photo limit as "maximum width 780 pixels". I must have missed another thread with that stipulation. Please advise.

Thanks, Happy PTin', ptprice
2.4 Cyl. DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. W/Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans., 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-Up Torque Converter, 16 X 6 Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring Tires, Touring Suspension.
Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, 3/8" Belt Trim, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel, Chrome Tail Lights, Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moonroof, Fog and Back Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Premium Trim, Taupe/Pearl Beige Leather Bucket Seats. Driver's Seat Power Height Adjust and Manual Lumbar Adjust, Passenger's Seat Storage Drawer. Full Length Floor Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass console, Rear Shelf, AM/FM CD GPS Nav. Radio, 6 Premium Speakers. Back Up Camera w/Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 04 Aug 2016 at 08:38 pm. Reason: redress
Old 11 Aug 2016, 10:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Hey Price and crew other members, I would like to see some form of the Cruiser of the Month/Quarter come back as it was quite fun to see the members send in their pics and also the votes coming in for the perspective cars. I hope it can be revived in some sort of way to give the forum another heading for members to participate in.

2004 Limited Edition Platinum Series Dark Graphite Metallic Clearcoat Turbolight A/T
Old 11 Aug 2016, 11:17 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba_1952 View Post
Hey Price and crew other members, I would like to see some form of the Cruiser of the Month/Quarter come back as it was quite fun to see the members send in their pics and also the votes coming in for the perspective cars. I hope it can be revived in some sort of way to give the forum another heading for members to participate in.
Likewise; Bubba.