PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser News and Rumors > PT Cruiser Of The Month

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Should have brought my trailer....

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ptprice
  • 1 Post By Fk5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Feb 2018, 04:38 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Should have brought my trailer....

I needed to pick up these steel poles for a floating jet ski dock.

I thought they would be shorter. I should have brought my trailer.

I was not going home without my poles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F7399B0D-EC82-4173-B19B-87C328C9D1EA.jpg (19.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg B66CF18A-B6C9-4FB6-88F2-8F569C41337B.jpg (16.5 KB, 33 views)
Old 25 Feb 2018, 06:48 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Should have brought my trailer....

I would have rolled down the passenger side window, folded the seat down, run them out the window and across the rear view mirror and used it as a tie down spot. But we all do things the way we have to.

Farts are just ghosts of the things we eat.
Old 25 Feb 2018, 10:24 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
I would have rolled down the passenger side window, folded the seat down, run them out the window and across the rear view mirror and used it as a tie down spot. But we all do things the way we have to.
I have done this also but make sure you have a red rage tied to the end of it sticking out the back door. You don't want to get a ticket,
Old 25 Feb 2018, 09:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

Well your situation with those long steel poles brought to mind two times I've had similar incidents. I'll gloss over carrying two 12' X 2" X 20" pressure treated boards slung under a VW Bug and go right to the other one.

A long time ago I built a log cabin from a kit supplied with hand hewed 12" x 6" Canadian fir logs. A few years later we wanted to add a small piano alcove to the upstairs design. Having done most of the initial log construction work myself I felt able to tackle it. I had left over tongue and grove flooring and only needed three 12' x 6" x 15' logs to support the new added floor.

The log kit company wouldn't deliver just three logs but they told me I could pick them up on their next I-81 interstate run for just the cost of the logs. I asked them how much three 20' logs'd be. Turns out they cost the same.

The only thing I had to tote the logs with was a new smaller sized Chevy S-10 pick up. It could handle the weight but the bed wasn't long enough. I was scheduled to pick the logs up at a rest stop on I-81 west of Roanoke about 70 mile from where I lived in the dead of the night at 2:00 AM.

We spent the day down on the Green river filling sand bags and carried them to that rest stop west of Roanoke to meet the log kit truck at 2:00AM.
We laid those twenty foot logs in the bed of the truck. Lashed 'em, tied 'em down good, with the tail end draggin', red flags nailed ever six inches along the logs and the sand bags packed in tight underneath and above those logs holdin' both the angle of the dangle and weightin' them down.

Away we carefully went to the first interstate turn off. I kept my eyes on the road and my buddy kept behind in his car as a "safety". He would have flashed his head lights if there was a problem. That was the plan. That was the signal. We took the old back way through Roanoke and headed down 200 wearin' those draggin' logs down. The trip was truly uneventful. We stopped once to readjust the ropes and sand bags. Very little traffic. I don't think we were noticed. When we got to Martinsville those logs were about seventeen feet long. Nicely worn down to a defined angle. Still more than long enough to use in that piano alcove.
Happy PTin', ptprice
PTpreacher and chuzz like this.
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 26 Feb 2018 at 11:16 am.
Old 26 Feb 2018, 09:53 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
I had to do this in my 'cuda one year with the ridiculous hero sandwich my friend ordered for a super bowl party. Apparently the sandwiches in Bensonhurst are better.
Made for some strange looks in the Holland Tunnel.
chuzz likes this.