Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser News and Rumors

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Forbes - The Fate Of An Icon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Sep 2006, 06:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I agree, the interior doesn't fit the car. I don't like the new lower front end either, think they should have gone more retro in that area and could have improved the front end verses breaking it up, just doesn't look right to me either. I'd like to see just improvements in the car and leave the styling as is. I'd like for them to trick it out more instead of a complete change such as suicide rear doors, the three door cars and extended cab trucks have them, why can't the pt. I'd also like to see things such as improved materials in the interior as well as a split rear hatch with a roll down rear window versus the heavy one piece we have now. I'd also like to see an improvement on the hood where possible it works like a clam shell and opens the engine bay more for easier access.
MODS:dual ram-air hood, flames, carbon fiber interior kit,dvd nav tv tuner 7\"touchscreen, Fosgate 4 channel amp, 12\" dual subs with LED box, mb-quart modual speakers, windshild visor, leather racing seats, Goldline springs 3\"drop, Tokico shocks, BOV, C.F. tail lights, and more. Need to install xeon side skirts, rocker pod guages.
Old 23 Sep 2006, 11:24 pm
Young Cruiser

Great ideas, Hotrod! I think that DC is overdue to build a direct injected turbo PT. With everyone else (Even Saturn!) getting 260hp+ out of 2.0L, my 2.4L is getting nearly as retro as the PT Cruiser's styling! I also agree that due to the new front-end and interior, along with the low-tech engine, my next new vehicle won't likely be a PT. As Cruisers go, the FJ is much more interesting to me these days.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 12:04 pm
Cool Cruiser

I think the article has it right. Refine the thing! VW was very sucessful doing that with the bug years ago. The production numbers quoted indicate that this car isn't losing customers, so make it bulletproof and better. DC will have great customer retention. I've been asked about mine 3 times in the past 4 months, and one person has already bought one. The other 2 are still considering one. There are 7 here, in a company of ~200 people. Fix the automatic trans to last 150K, Deal with the RKE, balljoints, MPG/power (weight) and other details. Don't mess with a proven winner!

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 25 Sep 2006, 12:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

They should take a lesson from BMW, who has just released a "new" Mini - that looks like the old one, but is redesigned, new engine, a bit bigger, but is hard to tell from the one it replaces.

I agree w/Purple04 - fix the problem areas - and do something about the turning radius!!

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 25 Sep 2006, 11:34 pm
Regular Cruiser

soup it up a little, but definately keep it RETRO!
Old 25 Sep 2006, 11:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

like purple said , " i get asked how do you like the pt" at least two 3 times a week is still has people interested in it !! make it alittle more peppy thats about it!!
Old 26 Sep 2006, 11:58 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by quicksilverdon

They should take a lesson from BMW
8<snip>8
As long as they don't saddle the PT with a 'Bangle Butt' or (gods help us) 'I-Drive'.

[)]
Join the SEMA Action Network
http://www.semasan.com
Old 25 Mar 2007, 01:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Striker

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Hooligan

Don't mess with "THE LOOK"[xx(]!!!! How about improving the milage???
...and a small pick-up [8D]
I love the idea of a old style pick-up! I would want one of those.