PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Aug 2007, 03:50 pm
Administrator

Default Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty

For purchases beginning 26 July 2007, Chrysler is offering Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty.

The Chrysler Group upped the warranty ante Thursday by announcing lifetime powertrain coverage for most new models in a bid to push Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles to the top of consumers' shopping lists.

The automaker said the lifetime warranty, a first for the industry, is a statement of confidence in the reliability of its powertrains and designed to give consumers peace of mind about their vehicles.

"We came to the decision that we don't want to match everybody, we want to go way beyond that," Steven Landry, Chrysler's executive vice president of sales and marketing, service and parts for North America, said during a media conference call.

The extended warranty, available on gasoline-powered 2007 and 2008 models sold beginning Thursday, covers the cost of parts and labor to fix the engine, transmission and drive system. It is limited to the first registered owner or lessee of a vehicle and is not transferable.

The new warranty replaces Chrysler's three-year or 36,000-mile coverage. Until this week, General Motors Corp. and Hyundai Motor Co. offered the most competitive warranty packages with coverage up to 100,000 miles or 10 years. "We wanted to be unprecedented," Landry said. "We want to show the confidence that we have in our products, both at our level and our dealers' level, and provide customers with a level of comfort unprecedented in the industry."

Landry said Chrysler conducted research that supported the extended warranty. The study found that consumers who knew about the lifetime powertrain coverage were more likely to consider a Chrysler product, whether they currently own a Chrysler vehicle or not.

"It helped give us a pretty strong indication that we'd be taking it in the right direction," Landry said.

To qualify for the warranty coverage, car buyers must have a powertrain inspection every five years, which will be performed at no charge by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep dealer.

"This is better really than anybody," said Tom Libby, senior director of industry analysis at Power Information Network, an affiliate of J.D. Power and Associates. "It gives them a message that they can use to really promote the brand and company and it's going to cut through a lot of clutter."

Industrywide, new-car buyers typically trade in their vehicles after 5.3 years of ownership, according to J.D. Power. In comparison, the average for those who buy Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles is five years. By brand, the average is 5.1 years for Chrysler cars and trucks, 4.9 years for Dodge and 5.2 years for Jeep.

The increased warranty also signals that Chrysler's pending new owner, Cerberus Capital Management LP, is "dead serious" about turning Chrysler around. "It says that they're not going to sit around," Libby said. "They're going to be competitive and motivated."

The warranty offer may help the automaker offset its costly incentive spending.

"They're hoping to not have to increase (incentive spending) even more," said Rebecca Lindland, analyst with Global Insight Inc. "It's a way to sweeten the deal without adding more incentives."

Chrysler launched a new ad campaign for the warranty Thursday with one 30-second television spot for each brand.

The decision to increase the warranty coverage stemmed from a meeting with Chrysler's dealer council in January, when retailers' major gripes were discussed. Top issues of concern were stock inventory, marketing and warranties, Landry said. The automaker has reduced inventory levels, and poured millions into advertising at the national level and to support dealers. Now, it is boosting warranties.

Landry said should a new owner decide to sell their vehicle within the first three years of ownership, Chrysler's standard three-year/36,000-mile coverage will replace the lifetime powertrain warranty for the subsequent owner.

Dealers are ecstatic about the program.

"It's a closing tool," said Ron Kutz of Dallas Dodge Chrysler Jeep. "When the customer gets up and says, 'I'm not quite sure that I want to go look at that,' the sales manager can say, 'Don't forget that we're the only car company that's so bullish about our product that we offer lifetime warranty.' "

Dealers say the new warranty package will increase consumers' confidence in Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles.

"More than anything, to a consumer the warranty means quality," said Doug Wilson, president of Wilson Dodge in Flowood, Miss. "It overcomes any quality perception problem that they might have."

Source:
New Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty - Cars, Minivans, SUVs, Crossovers - Warranties
Chrysler offers lifetime warranty

Old 04 Aug 2007, 07:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty

i think its a great idea !!
Old 04 Aug 2007, 02:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Wonderful. I bought mine a month too soon.
In a continual state of cruising.
Old 06 Aug 2007, 02:10 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default LIFE TIME POWER TRAIN WARRANTY

Chrysler just announced a new Life Time Power Train Warranty. No, not the SRT models (LOL).

2001 Corvette Convertable, Navy Blue Metalic, Z51, 3:15 with 4" inch quad Borla Stinger Exhausts X Pipe and K&N Filter.
Old 06 Aug 2007, 02:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: LIFE TIME POWER TRAIN WARRANTY

....already have a thread open on that subject.....

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 21 Sep 2007, 02:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

For original owners of most 2006 and newer models Chrysler is now offering the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty for for a fee, $750 with $100 deductible or $950 with no deductible.

My late 2005 PT Limited Turbo, with only 7,400 miles on it, doesn't qualify for the warranty. My PT was custom ordered in May 2005 and was built on June 14, 2005, just six days before the production line shut down for conversion to 2006 model production. I took delivery on July 12, 2005, with nine miles on the odometer.

Last edited by TalkieTime; 27 Sep 2007 at 08:51 pm.
Old 23 Sep 2007, 09:43 am
Obsessed Cruiser

hey talkie that stinks !!
Old 24 Sep 2007, 08:53 pm
Regular Cruiser

I've got the lifetime powertrain, and it was free of charge, but that only covers the powertrain I just went ahaid and bought the 100K bumper to bumper so that way I don't have to worry about nothin for awhile....

2004 PT GT 5-Speed! Project "THE RIDDLER"!!!
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...t-5-speed.html
Old 26 Sep 2007, 02:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

good deal turbo
Old 27 Sep 2007, 05:26 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkieTime View Post
For original owners of most 2006 and newer models Chrysler is now offering the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty for for a fee, $750 with $100 deductible or $950 with no deductible.

My late 2005 PT Limited Turbo, with only 7,400 miles on it, doesn't qualify for the warranty. My PT was custom ordered in May 2005 and was built on June 14, 2005, just six days before the production line shut down for conversion to 2006 model production.

I don't think it matters when it was built but when u bought it cause mine's on 06 but I just bought it in Aug. 07 with the lifetime was free....

2004 PT GT 5-Speed! Project "THE RIDDLER"!!!
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...t-5-speed.html