PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Cruiser Petition

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Feb 2010, 09:41 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: PT Cruiser Petition

I'm pretty sure the PT will officially be killed off after the 2010 MY.

The Italians running the show now are dictating the product portfolio going forward, and I recall seeing that the PT dies as of 2010 in the press release.

She had a good run, and no doubt the voice we all had in it had some effect on Cerebrus management to keep her going for a couple more years, that and after the Neon went out they really didn't have an good small car alternative.

I signed the petition too, but I fear the writing is on the wall. Maybe it will be a comeback name plate in 20 years?

Base '03, Light Almond Pearl Metallic - Modified 2.4 na w/ported head, 10.4:1 compression ratio & Crane #10 camshafts - 4 speed - Energy Poly bushings - Napa ceramic pads & Ultra premium rotors - Rotora Stainless brake lines - Extreme Acc. Xenon HID 8k low & 6k high

Dark taupe & Ivory Interior, Factory CD w/Sirius Stratus 4, Power Acoustik 840w 4ch, Boss 200w 2ch w 10" bandpass sub, 2 sets Phoniex Gold Matched comp. speakers

Rolling stock: 16" SE A7w 225/50/16 Kuhmo Ecsta AST - One of the nicest Light Almond PT's you'll find
Old 25 May 2010, 01:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Our great little cars soon will be no more(at least new ones)but with a little bit of luck we will be able to keep them going for quite some time.We have an 05 convert GT and we are going to buy another and just drive it on Sunday in nice weather.
It will be interesting to see how many Fiat 500's they can sell over here because this isn't Europe where you can do 4 countries in an hour.Maybe they think that everybody lives in cities and never goes on long trips or maybe there going to force everyone to go by train just like we did 100 years ago,last time I looked most of RR tracks were gone to anyplace people want to go.
This will start a new game for us to play "Count the dead Fiats".Its a good thing I'm not bitter about all these goings on and thankfully we still have one PT and a pro-street '32 Ford and a hot rod '39 Chev 2 door and a yet to be finished '42 Dodge 4 door.
Have a nice day and keep PT'en
Old 31 May 2010, 01:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: PT Cruiser Petition

Well, its been a nice run. I ordered my PT on the very first day of ordering, Feb 14, 2000. I then tracked production on the line via Chrysler's web site then CSX rail transport all the way to Selkirk NY. Finally, truck transport to my dealer here in CT.

I could not have been more pleased with the looks AND performance of this little tyke. Mine is an ORIGINAL 2001 LE, Silver with 5SP and factory subwoofer. Now, very near its 10th anniversary I still only have 89K+ miles on it and still drive it daily. I do have another car that I use over the winter so the PT sits under a cover about 3 months.

I plan on keeping this buggy until they take my license away or retire me into the ground.

I hope everyone who reads this can continue to enjoy their own PT's until we can no longer purchase replacement parts.

BobM_CT
Old 24 Sep 2010, 12:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have a 2008 with 15000 miles on it. The dealer was selling it new for $12000. What a deal good looks, good performance and gas mileage. I can't get it away from my wife.
Old 25 Sep 2010, 10:42 am
Fresh Cruiser

Make it Rear Wheel Drive
and I'm in
Old 25 Sep 2010, 11:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

Maybe where your from, but rear wheel drive just means that you don't want to drive it in the winter here. Slip sliding along.

Old 25 Sep 2010, 03:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Is not a problem for me to drive in the winter
grew up doing it, front wheel drive or rear wheel,
just prefer rear wheel drive
Old 27 Sep 2010, 02:33 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

How about AWD? lol im in texas and couldnt care less about traction, but im from upstate new york ,so i completely understand. Plus, AWD is just cool
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.
Old 19 Jan 2011, 10:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Re: PT Cruiser Petition

Petition sign in link has spam link ie NO WAY TOIGN PETITION !!!

Ab[/B][/B]
Old 20 Jan 2011, 09:07 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to XmasDVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abendicum View Post
Petition sign in link has spam link ie NO WAY TOIGN PETITION !!! Ab[/B][/B]

..it's a dead issue anyhow - they killed the production back in July 2010

** CHECK OUT MY PT GALLERY **