PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Cruiser Petition

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Sep 2011, 05:02 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: PT Cruiser Petition

The first post advocates for a "new" version.
Cut and paste into word, personalize, print, envelope, Stamp and mail!

If they get enough letters they'll get sick of answering and make a prototype.

They have a new line of fours, and they've been improved already

What options (keep in mind this is a LOW five digit car, perhaps $25k tops!
-Diesel?
-Swing out frame for time belt change
-Six speed
-'Dual clutch' auto shifted manual (Fiesta has it)
-extended body option (like c-vans)
-'Glass Top'?

Writing a letter doesn't take much effort, guys.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 12:57 pm
Cool Cruiser

Sign me up... I love my pt.. And I would hate to see them not make them anymore... They are always getting rid of all the good cars. When they stopped making the challenger, Duster, Cuda.. so on and so on.. They decided to remake them within the last few years, yea yea they did a good job on the remake. But I haven't seen them remake the Cuda, why not? It was a popular car, and everyone loves them..I don't want to see the Pt. Cruiser be the same way.. There are tons of people who love their beloved Cruiser, don't take it away from us Chrysler... You are making a big mistake....

Mopar or no car ......... Or should I say, Pt. Cruiser or No car
Old 26 Sep 2011, 01:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

well just remember that there are no momre trans Ams and how puipular was that car when Smokie and the Bandit was out

Id love to see a revisited PT btu the relistic side says probaly not going to happen
Old 16 Feb 2012, 08:56 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pteazer View Post
Mate we tried till we were blue in the face,Chrysler had there heads so far up there that it was hopeless .They probably could have sold twice as many Cruisers as they did but they didn't ask us our opinions along the way.we could have helped them make the Pronto a reality .I would have got one.YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER BUT YOU CAN NOT MAKE IT DRINK.
..........and YOU CAN LEAD PRODUCT PLANNERS TO KNOWLEDGE BUT YOU CAN NOT MAKE THEM THINK.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 11:09 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterP View Post
..........and YOU CAN LEAD PRODUCT PLANNERS TO KNOWLEDGE BUT YOU CAN NOT MAKE THEM THINK.
Uhhhh its Dead Jim

Seriiously though, the PT has become the Scion Xb to me.

The first Gen PT is thought by purists to be the best, even with its mechanical faults that plagued it.

The 2nd gen addressed some of these faults to make it more reliable.

The only problem is one you mess with the way it looks, people complain.

Yes there were cost cutting methods involved.

I think we all have had to do that in our household to make it, companies do the same thing. I am okay with not having a slide out drawer btw.

The scion xb box was the craze, everyone had them, then the 2nd gen came out, addressed some issues, also changed styling, even moreso than the 2nd gen PT.

Purists hate it.

You cant please everybody.

Everyone thinks their way is the best way.

Kind of like politics, everyone thinks they know best, but no one wants to get involved more than casting a vote, or buying the new model in this example.
Old 24 Mar 2012, 03:52 pm
Regular Cruiser

why in the world did they quit making the awesome PT?? Stupid move IMHO

2003 series2 #89 PT Cruiser "Dream Cruiser"
2.4l Turbo, LOADED 20" milanni rims
Old 24 Mar 2012, 06:29 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evile View Post
why in the world did they quit making the awesome PT?? Stupid move IMHO
Sad but true, the PT is gone, but it's people like us that buy them and keep them alive, still see them at the dealerships. However, secretly wish they'd come back just one last time with a limited production edition, down the road, that's loyal to the design, with more technology, better steering radius and better gas mileage, might be interesting...
Old 24 Mar 2012, 07:08 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Dill

The pt does seem like one of those cars that could be reborn in the future... But unless it had a redesign what would make anyonr want to buy one. They made over 1.5 million of them.

I moreover see the eventual return of other retro styled cars. Alot of pt lovers like the hhr styling (hhr itself now a defunct model) there will be something eventually.

But then again maybe there shouldnt be... Itll make them that much of a head turner 50 years from now.

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com
Old 25 Mar 2012, 01:32 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dill View Post
The pt does seem like one of those cars that could be reborn in the future... But unless it had a redesign what would make anyonr want to buy one. They made over 1.5 million of them.

I moreover see the eventual return of other retro styled cars. Alot of pt lovers like the hhr styling (hhr itself now a defunct model) there will be something eventually.

But then again maybe there shouldnt be... Itll make them that much of a head turner 50 years from now.
Great point

2003 series2 #89 PT Cruiser "Dream Cruiser"
2.4l Turbo, LOADED 20" milanni rims
Old 07 Apr 2012, 03:43 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to mndobondo

Where I live in Lancaster CA almost every car lot has one on it and you can stand on a corner and see one every five minutes but their all what I call UV's (un loved) somebody’s work car they bought on the cheap used rental, dirty yellow headlights, dents and scratches sometimes I see one that was a club or show car somebody’s baby once (extra chrome or a custom grill even a once awesome paint job) but totally trash now the really nice ones must be hiding in peoples garage I bet waiting for that 50 year mark. because I think only like 7 or 8 of us know what car wax does..
2004 Touring Electric Blue woodie..2.4L SFI DOHC billet two piece grill chrome mirror covers buillet surfboard rearview mirror front alpine speakers rear roxford fosgate punch full range and a mopar subwoofer
Fun to drive room for five!!