PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Cruiser Petition

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Apr 2012, 09:18 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: PT Cruiser Petition

I do think it will come back. When a popular design goes down after records in sales it will not go away that easy. Chrysler knows they made a super mistake by downgrading our cars instead of making them better, faster. They should hold back for several years and come back with a turbo sport coupe like the first prototype keeping the retro look. Maybe a electrical sport car. Right now the market for small economy cars is booming so you never know. I being seeing some conversions out there and they talking great things about the torque and speed of electrical engines. Big problem is battery's but I'm sure that will come out soon. Then I probably change mine electrical and kick some ass of some new generations with my 04 PT LOL!!!
Old 07 Apr 2012, 01:40 pm
Banned

Just look at the Chevy Volt, its a flop.

No thank you on electric vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN8060 View Post
I do think it will come back. When a popular design goes down after records in sales it will not go away that easy. Chrysler knows they made a super mistake by downgrading our cars instead of making them better, faster. They should hold back for several years and come back with a turbo sport coupe like the first prototype keeping the retro look. Maybe a electrical sport car. Right now the market for small economy cars is booming so you never know. I being seeing some conversions out there and they talking great things about the torque and speed of electrical engines. Big problem is battery's but I'm sure that will come out soon. Then I probably change mine electrical and kick some ass of some new generations with my 04 PT LOL!!!
Old 07 Apr 2012, 01:41 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mndobondo View Post
Where I live in Lancaster CA almost every car lot has one on it and you can stand on a corner and see one every five minutes but their all what I call UV's (un loved) somebody’s work car they bought on the cheap used rental, dirty yellow headlights, dents and scratches sometimes I see one that was a club or show car somebody’s baby once (extra chrome or a custom grill even a once awesome paint job) but totally trash now the really nice ones must be hiding in peoples garage I bet waiting for that 50 year mark. because I think only like 7 or 8 of us know what car wax does..
what car wax does? Does it do something bad Im not aware of?

2003 series2 #89 PT Cruiser "Dream Cruiser"
2.4l Turbo, LOADED 20" milanni rims
Old 07 Apr 2012, 06:02 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post

See if this change your mind!

Ultimate Aero EV | cars on batteries (via Mowser)
Old 08 Apr 2012, 02:27 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to mndobondo

You made my point I think people here are not taking any chances sometimes at the gas station I want to get out and ask them to come by the house so I can chisel the brake dust off the rims for them ...
2004 Touring Electric Blue woodie..2.4L SFI DOHC billet two piece grill chrome mirror covers buillet surfboard rearview mirror front alpine speakers rear roxford fosgate punch full range and a mopar subwoofer
Fun to drive room for five!!
Old 26 Apr 2012, 11:32 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post

Actually, when gas prices recently spiked, GM reopened the Volt factory because demand surged again. They're also installing a whole bunch of electric charging stations all around my town at many stores for electric vehices. I think an all electric PT would be nice since I do a lot of short mileage driving in my relatively small town and I like the PT's styling.

Chevy Volt comeback: gas prices spur best-ever monthly sales - CSMonitor.com

At least the Volt looks good. The Nissan Leaf has those bulging fish eye headlights that just look weird. Come to think of it, the front of a lot of the new Asian cars have fish-like faces, kind of like a catfish's.

Old 26 Apr 2012, 11:36 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfred View Post
Actually, when gas prices recently spiked, GM reopened the Volt factory because demand surged again. They're also installing a whole bunch of electric charging stations all around my town at many stores for electric vehices. I think an all electric PT would be nice since I do a lot of short mileage driving in my relatively small town and I like the PT's styling.

Chevy Volt comeback: gas prices spur best-ever monthly sales - CSMonitor.com

At least the Volt looks good. The Nissan Leaf has those bulging fish eye headlights that just look weird. Come to think of it, the front of a lot of the new Asian cars have fish-like faces, kind of like a catfish's.

I was thinking the same thing LOL!!!

EV PT Cruiser! What you think?
Old 26 Apr 2012, 11:39 am
Obsessed Cruiser

biggest problem with the electric cars is the price and the limnited distance till you run out of battery

My daily drive is right at 200 miles so im gonna be running gas most of that anyway
Old 26 Apr 2012, 11:40 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN8060 View Post
I was thinking the same thing LOL!!!

EV PT Cruiser! What you think?
Kinda why I haven't bought an all electric car. They're all so ugly right now and our Chevy Dealer closed up shop in our small town when GM was going through bankruptcy proceedings, so I haven't even looked at the Volt. I don't want to drive to Albany, 20 miles away for parts and service.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 02:03 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfred View Post
Kinda why I haven't bought an all electric car. They're all so ugly right now and our Chevy Dealer closed up shop in our small town when GM was going through bankruptcy proceedings, so I haven't even looked at the Volt. I don't want to drive to Albany, 20 miles away for parts and service.
The best economic idea will be converting your own car to EV.