PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Random Blogger Explains Why PT Cruisers Should Be Purged From World

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Aug 2008, 01:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Random Blogger Explains Why PT Cruisers Should Be Purged From World

That blog was some serious Fourth Level comedy. It read like a Monty Python movie and the sarcasm was brilliant. Two Thumbs Up!
rockandroller likes this.
2007 Pacific Coast Highway Edition Street Cruiser, 17" Eagle Alloy 192's, Front Window Tint, Fog Lights, Back Window Perforation of Bixby Bridge, Chromed Billet Antenna and Bezel, Chromed Washer Nozzle Covers, Chromed Shifter Knob, Dark Smoke In-channel Wind Deflectors, and rear Chromed Hatch Scuff Guard... so far
Old 01 Jun 2016, 02:24 am
Fresh Cruiser

While I won't go that far, I will say that many people might not have any issues with their particular PT Cruiser, there are many like myself who do. I LOVE my PT Cruiser probably for the same reasons most of those who responded do.

However, just because most are not having the "love/hate" relationship with their PT's doesn't mean the stress and frustration of others experiences should be mocked.

I love my car so much, I'm spending hundreds to try to get the problem fixed. For the first year, my car ran perfectly. After that for 4 years my engine light came on and off, but the car rode fine.

Year 6 the last year before paying it off, all hell broke lose with the limp mode and multiple sensors being replaced. Not all PT Cruiser are made alike. I know the stress and anger a "garbage built" PT can bring on.

Not everyone know about cars. Women typically get taken for a ride with mechanics. To keep being told it's a different issue, you pay to have it fixed and then, the same problem keep coming back can effect you.

Especially, if you can't afford a new car and need your car. You should feel safe and be able to depend on that vehicle getting where you need to go, without stress and fear. Not all of us hate our cars, but does cause a bit of angst!
Old 01 Jun 2016, 04:52 pm
Senior Cruiser

Why is this 8/9 year old thread being revived? Have the original bloggers been released into the general public again or something? Are they still a danger to common sense?
Old 01 Jun 2016, 06:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Old 01 Jun 2016, 06:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Smile Re: Random Blogger Explains Why PT Cruisers Should Be Purged From World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2step View Post
Why is this 8/9 year old thread being revived? Have the original bloggers been released into the general public again or something? Are they still a danger to common sense?
New user, commenting on stuff they found interesting! I did exactly the same thing when I first joined - I can claim more than my share of 'threads raised from the grave'...
Old 19 Aug 2016, 02:26 pm
Young Cruiser

Old dead thread or not, I probably just ruined someone's day reviving mine from the purgatory of abandoned back yard lawn ornament. This being the first actual day of driving the creaky, clunky old thing around reminds me of why I like vehicles like this.

I had a Chevy HHR once also. That one will always be remembered as THE vehicle that I regret being stupid enough to get rid of. Man I loved it and STILL miss it.
2002 P.T. Cruiser (157k)
Old 20 Jan 2017, 11:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs down Re: Random Blogger Explains Why PT Cruisers Should Be Purged From World

well... someone sure does act like they are an expert on cars.... and the use of such big words- WOW! looks like SOMEBODY wasted half their life in college earning that fancy liberal arts degree! it sure wasn't an engineering degree- or else she wouldn't have time to be dissin the PT or any other car. anyone truly qualified to criticize the design of a car sure would not have time to sit in front of a keyboard and do so on the interwebnets. so obviously SOMEONE is not as smart as they wish others to believe they are.

why I like the PT- I am a fan of antique cars... and it reminds me of one. but more like a cross between a sedan and a cargo van. really- I think of it's body design as a hearse for midgets- LOL

what I don't like about it- I am over 6 feet tall. the top of my head rubs all over the headliner- and that gets annoying. it feels weird for me to drive it.... and everything is a huge little clusterfxck under the hood.

but we got a really good deal on this car- it has never left us on the side of the road, we haven't had to put a lot of money out for repairs (yet), and we have almost got our money's worth out of it, based on what we would be paying by the mile to rent a car.

overall, I don't really like the PT- but I aint going to talk bad about it- I have had cars that looked worse and ran like shxt. cars of all makes and models of American cars from GM to ford and everything in between- even a few foreign jobs. ive learned they are all equal POS and not one is better than the other. so why not a chrysler PT cruiser? why not a ford exploder?
Old 21 Jan 2017, 01:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveMyExploder View Post
I like the PT...

I am over 6 feet tall.

so why not a chrysler PT cruiser? why not a ford exploder?
Up until last year I also owned a Exploer over 200K on original trans an engine.
My nephew is no driving it daily and is his first vehicle.
He keeps it up just not as clean as I kept it.

Post # 4
Synthetic Oil A Bunch of Hype?
Old 21 Jan 2017, 06:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The PT without the sun roof gives a little nor head room. Also the set mounting brackets could be shortened an inch to acomadate your height.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 11 Apr 2017, 01:48 am
Young Cruiser

Well I just gotta respond, It was a fine read, I love sarcasm. the original writer was so jealous of we PT Cruiser owners, and our wonderful automobiles.
A little hard work never hurt anyone. and Probably taught a lesson or 2.
Magoo
Changed the washer nozzles.
Waiting for the weather to change and Then I will change the timing belt and water pump, Motor Mounts All. Brakes. Bell crank. and I am sure I will find other little things to change.
I love this car! it's the only car I have ever gone looking for. instead of just looking for best used car at the best price. magoo NC

[/URL]