Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser News and Rumors

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Chrysler Boosts Warranty on Pre-Owned Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jul 2003, 01:05 pm
Administrator

Default Chrysler Boosts Warranty on Pre-Owned Vehicles

Auburn Hills, Mich., Jul 21, 2003 - DaimlerChrysler today announced a major enhancement to its Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle program (CPOV) by adding a three-month/3,000-mile Maximum Care® Limited Warranty to all CPOV vehicles carrying the seven-year/70,000-mile transferable new vehicle warranty (2003 models and beyond) in addition to the eight/80 Powertrain Limited Warranty currently offered. CPOV vehicles are offered exclusively through Five Star dealers, the company’s premier dealerships.

“The ‘Factory Certified’ segment is booming. For the fourth year in a row, the segment is on track to double in size,” said Ray Fisher, Vice President, Fleet and Remarketing. “This additional warranty reflects the confidence we have in our product quality and gives our customers even more assurance when making their purchase decision.”

Certified Chrysler Group vehicles sold between 1998 and 2002 with the three-year/36,000-mile new vehicle warranty will still receive an eight-year/80,000-mile fully transferable Powertrain Limited Warranty.

DaimlerChrysler is supporting this initiative with a new national print advertising campaign, utilizing the current “Brand Spankin’ Used” themeline. The ads will appear in 21 national consumer publications including Time, Newsweek, People and Parents from July through October.

In 2002, DaimlerChrysler’s CPOV program was rated the best domestic CPOV program in the United States and second overall in the non-luxury segment by IntelliChoice.

“CPOV is an integral piece of our overall strategy to increase the reliability, reputation and ultimately the residual value of our products,” said Fisher. “CPOV serves as an entry level bridge to bring new customers to our brands and gives them the opportunity to stay within the Chrysler Group family for the long-term.”

source: DC
Old 06 Aug 2003, 05:04 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Goldmember

Glad to hear that
Old 15 Oct 2003, 02:31 am
Regular Cruiser

Jody
Was wondering if any of those extended warrantys apply to any of the '02's? I purchased an '02 limited on july 31st ten days after the announcment was made on the 21st? It only had 12500 miles on it when I recieved it... they said I had the rest of the original warranty which was 3yrs/36000 miles all the new one have 7/70 Is there any one at DaimlerChrysler I could write to to try to get anything extra from them? I was wondering if they would give me my own 3/36? Have you ever heard of any thing like that?
Also I have a question the 3/36 that I have does the 3yrs start when I recieved the car? I'm not complaning... my PT runs great haw has 16400 miles... just trying to get something extra! Thanks for your time and effort..
ptcruizerman
daniel
Old 15 Oct 2003, 10:03 am
Fresh Cruiser

Daniel,
Tha 3/36 you have starts on the in-service date of the car(the day the original owner took it off the lot), I got my '02 LE back in June with 3600 miles on it and that was the answer I got from DC and 2 different dealers. The service manager at one of the dealers is a good friend so I know he's not jerking me around.
Old 17 Oct 2003, 05:06 pm
Regular Cruiser

Rivey
Thanks for the 411 and if that's the case I still have about 2yrs or 20,000 miles.... ( that's according the title... it was sold in July 2002).
ptcruizerman
daniel