New Electric PT Conversions For Sale:

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jan 2009, 03:02 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Default New Electric PT Conversions For Sale:

Hey Everyone,

I just stumbled across this, and thought it was kinda interesting. Jungle Motors is located in San Juan Capistrano, Ca. and is offering full Electric Conversions for the PT Cruiser. Unlike a Hybrid, this is claiming to be a full Plug and Play All Electric Conversion that will Cruise at 75MPH, and has a range of over 100 miles per charge. It's a little pricey, but then again, no more fuel, oil, or much of anything other than changing batteries every once in a while does sound kinda nice (Especially when we don't know where the future of Gas Prices may go, and it is very good on the Environment as well, which is always a plus!

Anyways, I thought it was interesting to see a Company offering it! Check it out here.

https://www.junglemotors.com/Home_Page.html

Take er easy!

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 30 Jan 2009, 06:38 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: New Electric PT Conversions For Sale:

That's a fantastic idea. The only problems I see are the 100 mile range per plug-in, but great for a city person, and if I'm reading it right, it's around $7K for the Pirus which I believe is part electric at the start so what wold be the cost for a full conversion to electric for something like the PT?
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
Old 30 Jan 2009, 06:56 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
Especially when we don't know where the future of Gas Prices may go!
Candyman
How much is it going to add to your electric bill each month to charge up the batteries? For some, if not most, it will mean charging every day, or at least every other day. In 10, 15, 20.. years when everyone is electric, will the utility companies than raise their prices because now they have a market that is totally dependent on them.

I've got nothing against electric vehicles but to say they are the answer to the future, I'm still cautious on that. Our van is one of the Chrysler products that has the the Flex-Fuel engine. Until last summer, E85 was all the rage. I regularly filled up with it as it was forty to fifty cents a gallon less expensive than full gasoline. Then corn prices shot up and it was the same price or even slightly more per gallon. When it was less costly, even though it gave less miles per gallon, it was still a feasible option. But now, that it is the same price or slightly more, it is no longer cost effective to use it, at least not to me.

What I'm trying to say is that what looks good today, may not look good tomorrow or next year...
Old 30 Jan 2009, 02:28 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
That's a fantastic idea. The only problems I see are the 100 mile range per plug-in, but great for a city person, and if I'm reading it right, it's around $7K for the Pirus which I believe is part electric at the start so what wold be the cost for a full conversion to electric for something like the PT?
the cost is whopping $17000 plus the PT, i can buy a lota gas and oil and oil filters for that amount of money and i won't have a limited 100 mile range, just plain not worth it.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 02:52 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Cool Re: New Electric PT Conversions For Sale:

Yup! Site says PT & porsche 911 conversions "start at" $17K.
Looks like they gut the engine compartment.
Pretty cool idea though......as we know that some people have lot of $$ to waste......and 75% of them live in CA or NY!
Maybe I can just drive soonercruiser into the ground and eventually convert her.

and ...QuickSilver 2.....the 2010 Couture Edition.
And....The 2005 Dream Cruiser Convertible....."My Chocolate Covered Cruiser".
Old 30 Jan 2009, 05:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmysxs View Post
the cost is whopping $17000 plus the PT, i can buy a lota gas and oil and oil filters for that amount of money and i won't have a limited 100 mile range, just plain not worth it.
hey you know if you use solapower to chardge the battrey's up it would cost nothing and if you live where there's lots of sun most of the year round ...ie ca or mexico or even ..here south australia...well theres only the one price to pay then $17,000 for the conveshon.....and the power you did get from the sun to chardge the battrey's up with if you had any left over you could sell it back to the power company, like we can over here......
Old 30 Jan 2009, 09:12 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Cool Re: New Electric PT Conversions For Sale:

Solar power!!?? Yah!
You could do a rear wing mod that is a solar panel!

and ...QuickSilver 2.....the 2010 Couture Edition.
And....The 2005 Dream Cruiser Convertible....."My Chocolate Covered Cruiser".
Old 30 Jan 2009, 09:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
Solar power!!?? Yah!
You could do a rear wing mod that is a solar panel!
well my house run's off of solar power,and all the time im at work im selling the eletric the sun make's back to the power company, so im $$$$ in front make's a chandge for the little ol man to sell thing's to the big (fat-cat's at a price and win !!!
Old 14 Feb 2009, 08:33 am
Regular Cruiser

If you think a battery powered car is polution free, well I have some very sad news for you. Sure if you take a battery powered car in the city like NY or LA and cities between, sure you have clearer air in the city. But your just poluting someone elses backyard and the earth if the power plant is coal or fuel burning and not nuke powered so where is the tradeoff ? And thank the epa for not having nuke power
Old 14 Feb 2009, 09:28 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: New Electric PT Conversions For Sale:

Hey MINIHEMI46,

Actually, you can argue the point on both sides. As for alternative power resources depending on where you live, you have Hydro Electric, Wind Turbine, Geo Thermal, an as mentioned in this thread Solar Power.

As for the Batteries themselves, everything is recyclable. Johnson Control Inc is involved in the recycling of a large number of all of the Batteries in the US.

So the idea of Electric is potentially a good alternative to fossil fuels, but I also think that further development, better technology, tighter Environmental restrictions, and Oil Prices, will eventually help drive down the cost of this, and other related concepts making it much more viable.

Who knows where Alternative Fuel Technology will take us? I recon only time will tell!

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing