Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser News and Rumors

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mopar Parts Now Available For Dodge SRT4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Sep 2003, 05:41 pm
Administrator

Default Mopar Parts Now Available For Dodge SRT4

Center Line, Mich., Sep 08, 2003 -Mopar®, Chrysler Group's parts and accessories brand, is launching a complete line of performance upgrades designed to make the ultra-quick and ultra-popular Dodge SRT-4 even quicker.

When Chrysler Group's Performance Vehicle Operations (PVO) engineers were given the challenge to make Dodge's hot new sport compact even quicker, they saw many tuner-inspired opportunities. The PVO-designed upgrades include "go-faster" items such as an enhancement to the existing turbocharger, upgraded suspension parts and transaxle modifications.

These Mopar Performance Parts are - or soon will be -- available at local Dodge dealers.

"Whether you're involved with the street scene or the racing crowd, Mopar has the right parts and accessories for your Chrysler, Jeep® or Dodge vehicle," said Chris Cortez, Senior Vice President - Global Service and Parts. "Our customers want to go faster and personalize their vehicles. We want Mopar to be their first consideration."

According to the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA), $26.8 billion was generated in aftermarket retail sales in 2002. Of that, nearly $4.9 billion was from performance parts and accessories. Additional research shows that the "tuner," or compact performance market, generated nearly $2.4 billion in retail sales in 2002, and that the vast majority was spent by consumers 16 to 27 years old.

"It's important to build relationships with this group of consumers now, as they enter the vehicle purchasing cycle of their lives," added Cortez. "The compact/tuner performance segment is truly a phenomenon, and we have to be part of this culture."

Mopar Performance Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade Kit
Mopar Performance has introduced a whiplash-inducing Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade Kit. This kit pushes the power and performance of the 2.4-liter turbocharged engine in the 2003 Dodge SRT-4 to 240 horsepower and 260 ft.-lbs. of torque. The kit consists of four fuel injectors, which produce a10 percent greater flow rate than stock injectors, and one Mopar Performance powertrain control module (PCM). The PCM has been calibrated for increased wide-open throttle and part-throttle boost, more aggressive exhaust note during deceleration, improved turbo response, enhanced first-gear boost schedule for a higher performance launch and a boost hold feature during wide-open throttle shifts.

Manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) for the Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade Kit (P5007862) is $399. (A Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade Kit will be offered for the 2004 Dodge SRT-4 - part number, pricing and timing to be announced.)

Mopar Performance Cat-Back Exhaust System
The new Mopar Performance SRT-4 Cat-Back Exhaust System is a mandrel bent, 2.5-inch diameter T304 stainless steel system, compared to the production 2.25-inch, providing reduced back pressure and a deeper exhaust note. The dual outlet tips are a full 4-inch outside diameter of highly polished stainless steel, giving a no-nonsense appearance from the rear of the vehicle. The MSRP for the SRT-4 Cat-Back Exhaust (P4510461) is $385.

Mopar Performance Limited-Slip Differential (LSD)
Mopar's limited-slip differential is another high-quality component that helps make the SRT-4 even quicker. The Quaife automatic torque-biasing (ATB) differential is available exclusively from Mopar. The unique design improves handling and steering, and powers both drive wheels under nearly all conditions. It senses which wheel has better grip and biases the power to that wheel. It does this smoothly and continuously, and without ever completely removing power from the other wheel. Available in October, pricing is not yet announced for Mopar’s LSD (P5007923). Note: This LSD is standard equipment on the 2004 Dodge SRT-4. (An installation kit - P4510588, available in October - is required when ordering this part.)

Mopar Coilover Suspension Kits
The Mopar Coilover Suspension Kits are a result of a partnership between Mopar Performance and KW Suspensions. Utilizi
Old 08 Sep 2003, 08:29 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

sweet deal...once again it gives me even more reasons to ditch my GT and pick up an SRT-4.
Old 09 Sep 2003, 02:45 am
Cool Cruiser

Most of the above are available for the GT also.
There is a night and day difference between a GT and an SRT-4. Not sure you can even compare them...

Cheers,
LIP
Old 09 Sep 2003, 09:52 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

hey lip, you're right... The SRT-4 will blow the doors off a GT any day of the week. But things like leather and the such are pretty sweet on the GT.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 02:13 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptcruzin42

srt-4's aren't that much faster, I've run one down, with only stage 1 and ram air on my car.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 11:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

It's a pointless discussion. The PT is a versatile vehicle with a bunch of power to boot, the SRT-4 is a small car that goes like h**l but is not so versatile.
I have a PT GT because I wanted to be able to haul people around and also to haul other stuff. I didn't want a minivan but rather something stylish with power...the PTGT fits the bill to a tee. The SRT-4 simply doesn't work for my needs. If I wanted a small pocket rocket I would have went for a mits EVO or subaru sti or perhaps the SRT-4.
Cheers,
LIP