Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser News and Rumors

PT Cruiser Forum

2006 Headlight Fuse Location

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Sep 2009, 07:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2006 Headlight Fuse Location - PT Touring

Hey There!!!
This topic seems to have no end of life... I just can't seem to find any postings that actually describe the location for the 2006 PT Headlamp location. Unless I am totally blind, there is no fuse panel on the 2006 PT on the interior driver side at all. Just simply not there, I crawled under the dash and saw lots of open space, but saw no fuse panel or box at all. Nothing on the interior trim panels that say "hey you!! fuses are in here". I have searched and searched physically and electronically.

I had a 2003 and yep, I do recall it there, right on the side visible with the driver door open, but on the 2006, nope not there. And in the fuse tray under the hood behind the air cleaner, nope, nothing there. My driver side low beam lamp is out. Removing fuses 31 and 36 did not prevent passenger side from beaming, and those fuses tested fine, so I don't think they control the headlamps. In fact, I pulled every fuse in the tray behind the air cleaner one by one checked and re-inserted.

Any help would be great...

Oh yeah, I did not know how to specify which forum the posting goes to. I know how to do that now, sorry for the incorrect location...

Thanks so much!!!
Art

Last edited by aea_1962; 07 Sep 2009 at 07:23 pm. Reason: To better identify the model of the car - Incorrect forum location
Old 07 Sep 2009, 07:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 Headlight Fuse Location

Art, welcome to the Forum!! you are correct, there isn't any other fusebox other than behind the air filter, there are however, I believe 5 or 6 relays that are mounted on the firewall under hood drivers side.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 07 Sep 2009, 07:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Hey Art, see my PM... according to the service manual, the '06 headlights are run off of the TIP module, and from the 40 amp fuse number 1. Since they don't truly list the names on the diagram, you might want to pop off the cover panel off the TIP module and look under the cover, I don't remember if it labels the circuits per fuse or not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06HeadliteTIP.jpg (48.3 KB, 126 views)
Old 02 Nov 2009, 09:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I today have a problem with my 2007 pt cruiser. I checked my lights every week and today my headlights and fogs on one side was on but my side was not on. So i checked every fuse under the hood in the fuse book and all fuses looked good. But how do i know if the relays in the fuse boxes are fine? Or why maybe is this happening to me. One side of head adn fog lamps working and the r other nothing. parking and back lights and brights work fine.
Old 03 Nov 2009, 06:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog View Post
I today have a problem with my 2007 pt cruiser. I checked my lights every week and today my headlights and fogs on one side was on but my side was not on. So i checked every fuse under the hood in the fuse book and all fuses looked good. But how do i know if the relays in the fuse boxes are fine? Or why maybe is this happening to me. One side of head adn fog lamps working and the r other nothing. parking and back lights and brights work fine.
Swap bulbs left & right before you go nuts...
'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 12 Nov 2009, 06:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I test bulbs and replaced it on that side nothing happened. Took it in to where my fogs were put on and they looked at them for about an hour and said it was the bulb. got home and put those bulbs in again and they worked. Took out the old ones they were blown. I think they had to secure wires and something was not tight and came undone and blew both fog and head lamp on that side. Thank you all for helping me problem solve. Do any of you have the jet chip yet and does it work.
Old 12 Nov 2009, 08:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Do any of you have the jet chip yet and does it work.

Not personally, but why do you think there are so many for sale on e bay?

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 13 Nov 2009, 11:09 am
Fresh Cruiser

thats true. Have you see the new 2010 pt cruiser classic yet? OR when its scheduled to come out?
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

Sorry if I'm posting in this old thread, I just dig up this forum to share my experience with my headlight. I have a 2004 car and is planning to change my headlight and I am in need of someone who can help to fixed it. My brother also doesn't know how because we both are new in driving. )

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by murphyre3d; 15 Nov 2010 at 02:10 pm.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:19 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyre3d View Post
Sorry if I'm posting in this old thread, I just dig up this forum to share my experience with my headlight. I have a 2004 car and is planning to change my headlight and I am in need of someone who can help to fixed it. My brother also doesn't know how because we both are new in driving. )

Thanks in advance!

Hooligan already answered your question on the other thread you started.

2006 Headlight Fuse Location

One more thing; pls stop adding a link to auto stores in your questions. Against the rules. I've deleted them so far.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com

Last edited by CREWZIN; 15 Nov 2010 at 10:42 am.