Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser News and Rumors

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Cruiser what comes after it?

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Mar 2015, 10:02 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: PT Cruiser what comes after it?

I don't like the windshield of the Fiat 500 L, but the 500X looks promising...

FIAT 500X - All New Crossover from FIAT

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 19 Mar 2015, 11:01 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I think we have our winner.

CruiserLady likes this.
Old 14 Sep 2015, 04:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

depends on what type of car your looking for. If you really like the PT Cruiser then I would just think about replacing it with just a newer year. The car is amazing, maybe nothing should come after just a lil upgrade in the year
wingman55 likes this.
Old 15 Sep 2015, 12:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

a rebuilt engine
wingman55 likes this.
Old 15 Sep 2015, 12:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I'm sooty but a Fiat in a replacement for the pt. probobly isn't one. The fiat is another one of what everyone else is selling. The mini or bug perhaps the last retro small cars.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 23 Sep 2015, 09:06 pm
Cool Cruiser

I was happy enough with the two cars we had before we got the PT Cruiser. We had a '05 Neon, a '06HHR when my wife decided she just could not live with out the PT Cruiser.

We have only had the Cruiser for about a year and now we have a 2015 Chevy Sonic.

I'm not totally sure why we have that last one and not really sure how long we will have it {because I really don't think we can afford a new car}

We still own the other vehicles too. Buying license plates alone will cause our budget to have problems. Insuring 4 vehicles is a little tough too. OF course our daughter and her boyfriend are using two of our cars and are supposed to be paying for any repairs and the license and insurance for each of the ones they have.

So far this has not exactly happened.
dougs and wingman55 like this.

Ignorance can be cured with knowledge, but Stupid is forever.
Old 19 Nov 2015, 09:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

In my wife's case it is a 2013 New New Beetle Turbo Convertible.

Her 2006 PT Convertible has over 207K miles on it and was worn out. I DID NOT want to go through replacing the timing belt again. For the most part it was reliable, but it got to the point where it needed another timing belt, the top had been left down one too many times in the rain, so the electrics were not too good (the dome light would flash when you turn on the left turn signal), the sun visors were shot from sun damage, the drivers seat was wore out and the springs were showing, it needed a new cat., etc.

The only repairs i did were the fuel pump, oxygen sensors, cam shaft position sensor around 200K miles, timing belt & water pump at 100K miles and a new clutch at 197K miles.

It is getting hard to find an affordable convertible with a manual transmission and gets decent fuel economy; the Beetle gets ~31MPG. To get a manual you had to either get the 2.0 turbo or the diesel engine. The overall quality is much better than the PT. It doesn't have all the unpainted parts underneath like the PT did; although this didn't cause anything to fail. The Beatles have poor resale value, so we picked this one up 2 years old with 13K miles on it for $20,000 plus the PT. The trunk is slightly more usable that the PT's was but it still isn't very big; at least you can get a small cooler in it.

Part of the reason for choosing the VW is I have a 2005 Golf GTI that has 204K on it and has very little wear and tear compared to the PT; but I take good care of it. It has the 1.8T engine and i just replaced the timing belt and water pump for the second time. The engine isn't quite as strong as it was when new, but it gets 30 MPG+/- which is about 2MPG better than when new. The only major problem I has was the trans-axle lost a few gears and started leaking bad around 95K and I replaced with a factory rebuild. I expect to get 300K or more out of it, but i will probably need a clutch before then, as it still has the original. This car is much easier to work on the the PT was. The GTI and PT were both new when we bought them.
dougs likes this.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 11:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I've been contemplating this for a while, test rode a few cars and still nothing has caught me interest enough to make my move from my PT. Mine is now 10 years old and is not without her issues (2 that I need to address ) but her exterior is beautiful!

GM has some nice looking vehicles but I think their quality control has been lacking the last few years. And the fiat 500's do nothing for me. Up close they even look a little toy-ish?

I had high hope for the new Chrysler 200 but for a mid size car I found the interior really small for my 6'4, 210lbs frame.

Why couldn't they just make a 3rd gen PT?
Old 23 Jan 2016, 05:53 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06PTCruiser View Post
I've been contemplating this for a while, test rode a few cars and still nothing has caught me interest enough to make my move from my PT. Mine is now 10 years old and is not without her issues (2 that I need to address ) but her exterior is beautiful!

GM has some nice looking vehicles but I think their quality control has been lacking the last few years. And the fiat 500's do nothing for me. Up close they even look a little toy-ish?

I had high hope for the new Chrysler 200 but for a mid size car I found the interior really small for my 6'4, 210lbs frame.

Take a look at the Kia Soul.....
Black base 2006 NA, dented front bumper, scratched rear bumper. 2008 Touring, one of 385 red Turbos built in 2008. Limited grill, body-colored mirrors, grab handle deleted, dual-tone horn, shorty antenna.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 12:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06PTCruiser View Post
Great idea!!!