Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser News and Rumors

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Cruiser what comes after it?

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Apr 2013, 09:16 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: PT Cruiser what comes after it?

Let's see: mine is an '05 that I bought with about 12k on the clock. I've had it for almost 7 years and just rolled over 84K yesterday. With all the info and advice from this forum, I am confident I can fix many things that might break (just did the radiator fan and getting ready to do the motor mounts/torque struts). I'm trying to make sure I keep up with the regular maintenance, and I'm hoping to get another 5-7 years at least.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 12:06 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I don't know if anyone has seen this yet but here is spy shots of the new Chrysler 100

More pics here:

2014 Chrysler 100 (spy photo) photo
Old 05 Jul 2013, 06:54 pm
Young Cruiser

Hmm..fantasy car...Dodge Charger
Second pick...Ford Focus (love my mom's, it's an '09)
Reality ?........whatever the heck i can actually AFFORD.
Old 06 Jul 2013, 01:05 am
Young Cruiser

Just watched "Who killed the electric car" and thinking how amazing it would be for my next car to be the very same car, with an electric conversion! It'd be an interesting alternative to rebuilding engine and transmission as they go.

Not sure how well an electric motor would do with three tons of flying brick though...

Mr. Blue: Patriot Blue '03 GT, beloved little gas hog.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 07:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

What comes after the PT Cruiser?

In a perfect world where I can fix it when it breaks, the answer is "Nothing."

It is one of my all-time favorite vehicles, not because it is great at certain things, but because it does a whole lot of things well. I still like my PT Cruiser every bit as much as I did back in October of 2006 when I bought it new from dealer stock. In fact, I probably like it even more now than I did then!

The list of things I like about the PT Cruiser is huge. The list of things I don't like about it is smaller:

1)I think it could have been built to be a more reliable car.

2)I wish it had a tighter turning radius.

3)I've never owned a car other than a PT Cruiser where spilling pure water on the seats would leave a stain in the upholstery.

Otherwise, I still think it is one of the coolest cars ever. There wasn't anything quite like it before and there isn't likely to be anything on the market quite like it going forward. It is, in my estimation, the ULTIMATE family road-tripping car.

I think it is a very comfortable car. I think it is fun to drive and handles twisty two lane back roads well. I don't have any complaints about the gas mileage I get out of mine on the open Interstate. I have plenty of power to safely merge, pass, and maintain legal speed on long grades..... I could go on and on and on with all of the things I like about the PT Cruiser.

Provided I can get new parts to keep it working when stuff breaks, the answer to "What comes after the PT Cruiser"? for me is NOTHING.

If I am reduced to scouring junkyards for parts, the answer might still be the same.

As long as I can keep it running and working like it should, it stays. There isn't any other family-compatible car I'd rather drive or live with day in and day out than the PT Cruiser I've already got. If my PT Crusier got damaged beyond repair in an accident or something, I'd replace it with another PT Cruiser and have all the stuff replaced on it that I've had replaced on mine, and go about enjoying the car for years to come.

For me, there really is no substitute and I bought mine new thinking from the beginning that I was in to the PT Cruiser for the long haul.

Owning it as long as I have only makes me want to hang on to it even more!

Cam belt, tensioner, cam seals, water pump, cam cover gasket, pcv valve, engine support brackets, spark plug wires, oil and filters..10/17/13-10/18/13
Tires 9/27/13
Cooling Fan 6/15/13
Alignment 5/28/13
Driver's side wheel bearing R&R 5/27/13
Replaced Spark Plugs 5/27/13
Third Brake Light replaced 5/26/13
Clock Spring in steering column R&R 2/15/13

Next up: New Integrated Power Control Module...

THEN new struts and shocks, inner and outer tie rods, suspension bushings, Watts link....

Last edited by TeleCaster; 24 Oct 2013 at 12:23 am.
Old 02 Nov 2013, 05:08 pm
Regular Cruiser

Has anyone tried the Dodge dart, or bought one. They look pretty good. Some day a lot of us and going to need to move from the PTs to something else.
The people running "Cruise The Rockies" in Colorado want to keep their members and now allow other cars.
Old 11 Jan 2014, 06:57 pm
Regular Cruiser

The only vehicle I have test driven, for fun, lately that I would remotely consider trading my PT in on would be a 2014 Cherokee. I have an '06 Liberty and I gotta say, the Cherokee isn't even close to being the same size as it, but it is comparable to the PT.

Oogway - Aquamarine 2001 PT Cruiser Limited
Alpine iDA-X200 DMR headunit w/ Sirius Satellite Radio
Old 11 Jan 2014, 09:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: PT Cruiser what comes after it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by white View Post
Has anyone tried the Dodge dart, or bought one. They look pretty good. Some day a lot of us and going to need to move from the PTs to something else.
The people running "Cruise The Rockies" in Colorado want to keep their members and now allow other cars.
The people at Cruiser the Rockies will have one new attendee this year!

2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 12 Jan 2014, 12:58 am
Regular Cruiser

I do not ever see replacing the PT. It does what I want and if the car ever becomes uneconomical to repair there will always be a pool of low mileage well taken care of PT's to pick from. When you look at what the average cost is of new cars it will be well worth your time to fly to another area and pick up a low mileage well kept PT in the future. Just seems like we have spent a lifetime having advertisements shoved down our throats convincing us why we need a new car. Well, the truth is we don't. The newer cars like the PT cruisers have much better seals, corrosion protection, rubber etc. so with the sheer number of PT'S produced should be no problem in our lifetime of finding a low mileage replacement if needed.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 05:27 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teska View Post
I bought mine to stay !

It still has under 80.000 km on it and I plan to keep it running. On the Honda forum there are people driving a 30 year old car daily with 300.000 km on it and still going fine, so why worry ?
Things changed:

I decided that after the PT I will buy myself a Honda S2000 ! But I guess it will be when I retire !

This is the first and last PT I will own. Why ? Because even the most simple task - changing sparkplugs - takes an extra effort to get to. If I dare to take it to a official mechanic I will always trow money down the drain, so I do it myself but it does annoy me
Installed Mopar sub !

Last edited by Teska; 12 Jan 2014 at 05:34 am.