Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser News and Rumors

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Cruiser what comes after it?

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Feb 2014, 09:43 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: PT Cruiser what comes after it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruserdad1976 View Post
a girl drives onwe at my work it is just butt ugly but again that is MY PERSONAL OPINION
Over 7,000 folks would disagree here:

Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums

And over 10,000 would disagree here:

Fiat 500 USA Forum

PS: We might as well sign up for memberships on these forums now and beat the crowd.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 10:44 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I hear you but my answer is NOPE NOT HAPPING
Old 24 Feb 2014, 11:12 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post

Fiat 500 USA Forum

PS: We might as well sign up for memberships on these forums now and beat the crowd.
My product marketer did a field test product survey and had tried a few times to get my interested in developing some performance parts for one. The thing with me anymore is that it is not entirely about the money. I need to be interested in a car I spend my time on these days. It also meant I would need to actively drive one. A new off the showroom floor sponsored Fiat was offered to me to do exactly that. I took a week driving one around and at the end of the week passed on the offer. It was no MINI!

BTW Todd I belong to that forum LOL

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 24 Feb 2014 at 11:25 am.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 11:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
My product marketer did a field test product survey and had tried a few times to get my interested in developing some performance parts for one. The thing with me anymore is that it is not entirely about the money. I need to be interested in a car I spend my time on these days. It also meant I would need to actively drive one. A new off the showroom floor sponsored Fiat was offered to me to do exactly that. I took a week driving one around and at the end of the week passed on the offer. It was no MINI!
That's why you should have. It needs help.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 24 Feb 2014, 11:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:

Fiat 500 USA Forum

Only if they gave me one!

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 24 Feb 2014, 11:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
That's why you should have. It needs help.
Yes but look at the crap I get from my fellow PT owners now? I never knew when I started posting that I was in the company of so many experienced experts in the automotive industry? Can you imagine the yuppies in a 500? BTW I belong to that forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Only if they gave me one!
Sometimes things for free come with a cost.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 24 Feb 2014, 11:36 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:

BTW Todd I belong to that forum LOL
Ah hah! I knew it.

But here's a more serious if sort of off-subject question. Do you think the time of the current tuner/hot rod trend is ending? It seems that different generations have very different ideals about performance and car modifications. My own son and his buddies sometimes talks about fast cars, but they don't seem that interested in modding them like guys maybe five or six years older than them did. It seems like the whole Fast and Furious thing has just about run it's course. I mean, Vin Diesel is just about my age and I'm now considered an old guy.

I say this because cars continue to get harder to mod and they are becoming more and more disposable. While I'm sure some guys and a few gals will always build hot rods in their garages, I wonder if this experience is fading more and more from the general public. I can easily see young people my kids age just buying little cars like the Fiat, driving them and then eventually buying something else without ever opening the hood themselves.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 11:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Ah hah! I knew it.

But here's a more serious if sort of off-subject question. Do you think the time of the current tuner/hot rod trend is ending? It seems that different generations have very different ideals about performance and car modifications. My own son and his buddies sometimes talks about fast cars, but they don't seem that interested in modding them like guys maybe five or six years older than them did. It seems like the whole Fast and Furious thing has just about run it's course. I mean, Vin Diesel is just about my age and I'm now considered an old guy.

I say this because cars continue to get harder to mod and they are becoming more and more disposable. While I'm sure some guys and a few gals will always build hot rods in their garages, I wonder if this experience is fading more and more from the general public. I can easily see young people my kids age just buying little cars like the Fiat, driving them and then eventually buying something else without ever opening the hood themselves.
um in a word NO!!! You are just getting old!
First off most off the showroom muscle cars are just scary powerful and fast completely stock.

SEMA has had record attendance with vendors in the last few years. This shows that the market is not lagging but GROWING for high end performance equipment. To use a platform I am familiar with the BMW/MINI my products are still activity selling worldwide and they have not seen a tapering off yet. The car is setting track records both road and 1/4 and at shows they seem to do well.
Not to mention many NAHR, IHRA and NASCAR event have reported some of the highest attendance in the last ten years. WAKE UP it a brave new world and the cars are amazing pieces of high tech machinery that have a lot to untapped potential as a DIY. If you know how and what you are doing!

What is changing is that tomorrows modder for performance upgrades is going to need to be better educated and trained. No more DIY sefl taught modders. You will need good basic understanding of EFI/ECU operation and more mechanical aptitude in diagnostic abilities.

I belong to dozens of vehicle forums. I only participate actively on the ones that I am currently hobby or playing with the platform of interest. The PT may hold my interest for a year or so more?

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 24 Feb 2014 at 11:55 am.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 12:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
What is changing is that tomorrows modder for performance upgrades is going to need to be better educated and trained. No more DIY sefl taught modders. You will need good basic understanding of EFI/ECU operation and more mechanical aptitude in diagnostic abilities.
I'm glad to hear that. But I still think it's a problematic trend. As can be seen by a majority of member on this forum, much of this business is about folks with limited resources buying inexpensive used cars with potential and then modifying them. Those with a high level of education and expertise can often afford to go buy a new car that is already built for performance and/or their day job provides all the creativity they need. At some point, the desire to modify cars for performance and the technical expertise required will likely diverge. Or at least, it seems that way.

But maybe the internet is keeping that at bay for now. With the free flow of information, guys working in their driveway can at least know what can and should be done as well as anyone even if they don't have the tools to do it. Maybe that will continue at least for a while. To me, the PT Cruiser and most of the same era Chryslers seem very simple to work on. I just finished the head on my son's Mazda and that was much more complicated than anything the PT could offer. So maybe that's a plus in the PT's favor. They remain fairly easy to work on.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 25 Feb 2014 at 12:09 pm.
Old 07 Mar 2014, 07:07 am
Fresh Cruiser

Forget the lame 500L, I will take the new Jeep Renegade. All models get AWD. 160hp Turbo and 6 speed manual available that should get well north of 30mpg or the 2.4 Tigershark with 184hp and 9spd auto.