Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser News and Rumors

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Cruiser what comes after it?

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Mar 2014, 02:49 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: PT Cruiser what comes after it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchdoc View Post
Forget the lame 500L, I will take the new Jeep Renegade. All models get AWD. 160hp Turbo and 6 speed manual available that should get well north of 30mpg or the 2.4 Tigershark with 184hp and 9spd auto.
That sounds good. What's the price tag?

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.
Old 07 Mar 2014, 05:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Ah hah! I knew it.

But here's a more serious if sort of off-subject question. Do you think the time of the current tuner/hot rod trend is ending? It seems that different generations have very different ideals about performance and car modifications. My own son and his buddies sometimes talks about fast cars, but they don't seem that interested in modding them like guys maybe five or six years older than them did. It seems like the whole Fast and Furious thing has just about run it's course. I mean, Vin Diesel is just about my age and I'm now considered an old guy.

I say this because cars continue to get harder to mod and they are becoming more and more disposable. While I'm sure some guys and a few gals will always build hot rods in their garages, I wonder if this experience is fading more and more from the general public. I can easily see young people my kids age just buying little cars like the Fiat, driving them and then eventually buying something else without ever opening the hood themselves.
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21 Mar 2014, 01:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrym View Post
That sounds good. What's the price tag?
Renegade pricing hasn't been released yet but initial reviews are all over the web. Allpar.com has more in depth information.
Old 21 Mar 2014, 05:20 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchdoc View Post
Renegade pricing hasn't been released yet but initial reviews are all over the web. Allpar.com has more in depth information.
Thanks.

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 09:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Not a replacement but an "along side update". Keeping Tazz on the road but serious about the upcoming Chrysler 200 LX.

Last edited by TTAZZ; 21 Apr 2014 at 02:38 pm.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 07:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTAZZ View Post
Not a replacement but an "along side update". Keeping Tazz on the road but serious about the up coming Chrysler 200 Touring.

The 200 has gotten some good reviews. My problem with it is that if you change the grill, it could be any one of dozens of cars that look the same.....

As to the 500L, I can't get past the stupid windshield with 2 sets of posts - that just is stupidly awkward.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 20 Apr 2014, 08:29 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I was driving along beside a 500L on the road last week in my PT. The cars are actually very similar. Height of the driver and ground clearance (very important in Arkansas) are about the same. Length is close but the 500L seems just a little more narrow, but I'm not sure. Both cars fit four people just about the same.

From everything I can tell, the PT and 500L are designed to do exactly the same job. They also seem to share the same type of design technique with an even mix of design simplicity and forward-thinking styling based on a somewhat retro look. It's very easy to believe these two cars were made at the same factory. I think many PT drivers would feel pretty at-home in a 500L.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 10:31 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
The 200 has gotten some good reviews. My problem with it is that if you change the grill, it could be any one of dozens of cars that look the same.....
I agree with you on that, but alot of that is car makers are trying to get that magic MPG number to make everyone happy and it starts with an aero package and weight. So all units are getting lighter and they all look like a tear drop. (Man, I miss the when cars were designed by men and women, not computers) But as for the 200, it's the standard equipment, the price and the fact that it's from one of the original Big 3 (sorta) are the keys with my wife.

Last edited by TTAZZ; 20 Apr 2014 at 10:55 pm. Reason: Corrected spelling
Old 21 Apr 2014, 06:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to CreepyPT

The casket on my casket trailer.
Old 19 Mar 2015, 12:53 am
Young Cruiser

Well, I just got my PT Cruiser 2 months ago, but what I would probably get after I've pushed my PT as far as I could would either be a newer Buick (like a LaCrosse or Regal), another Chrysler vehicle (like either a 2009 or 2010 PT, a Chrysler 300, or a Chrysler 200), an affordable used Cadillac (like an older CTS or DTS), or a newer Ford Fusion or Ford Taurus (2010 and later). But if for some reason money were to be real tight in my future, I'd probably just get a mid to late 2000s Buick, Chrysler, Ford, Chevy, or Honda.

First-time owner of a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser (base model)! Loving it so far and I got it for a steal of a deal!