Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser News and Rumors

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Dome lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Nov 2012, 06:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Talking Dome lights

Has anyone installed LED dome lights are they easy to install.
Old 26 Nov 2012, 09:12 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Dome lights

they're easy enough to install, but if you use it as a "useful light", you might find you're better off with a standard bulb.

IMO people looked creepy and much less attractive with the hyperwhite led bulb so i removed it. i tried green but it made anything blue, such as jeans, look dirty. i tried blue and it make the light dark and useless.
Old 03 Dec 2012, 04:04 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Dome lights

I have and they are very easy to install. On each of the clear lenses that cover the bulb, you will see a very small gap around the rim at some point of the perimeter. You can just stick a small screwdriver or knife in that slot and pop the lenses out. Then just replace the bulb with a led bulb of your choice.

I felt that the only way to go and still have a clean and functional look was to get white led bulbs. I believe the front two are 194/168's and the rear is a festoon.

Links:
Front-Something like this would probably work fine

Middle (kind of over the back seat)-This works because the festoon style bulb has a spring in it so it will fit your exact size without you having to get the direct replacement and it has quite a few leds on it so that it should be bright inside your car. <-this particular link is for the warm white color which is different from the first link. Also you should see the measurements to see if the panel will fit in there before ordering.

The trunk area light should also be a 194/168 bulb as well as the license plate bulb. I think that the hyperwhite looks really nice with the black leather seats and since my girlfriend is the one that drives the car, she can see inside the car as she approaches it in a dark parking lot by hitting the unlock button (just to ensure nobody is in the back seat waiting to nab her). These lights are considerably brighter than the stock ones.