PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rental companies dump their PT's

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Feb 2013, 05:50 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Rental companies dump their PT's

Those in the article that made the comments that the PT is hard to see out of should try driving a Toyota FJ Cruiser. The blind spots are far bigger in that beast. I should know, that's my other car. And some of the newer cars with those really high waist lines and narrow rear side windows are probably far worse than the PT.

And that gripe about the engine power being sluggish is baloney. Americans are too horsepower hungry. I drive mine around town all the time and on the freeway. I haven't ever felt that I had to get out and push yet, there's plenty of power for my needs. Only in the mountains did it lag noticeably, and the turbo version would have solved that, but since I don't drive in the mountains a lot, I don't mind one bit.

Probably the real reason the rental companies dumped them is that the PT's underhood area is very tight and hard to service and that those poor slave rental company mechs really hated to work on them. I've talked to a lot of dealer mechs and they ALL have nothing good to say about working on the PT. Personally, I will curse and swear at times when doing maintenance, but since it's my baby, I will usually forgive it when it bites me.
Busted_PT likes this.

Mighty Manfred, The Wonder Dog PT Cruiser
Old 23 Feb 2013, 06:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfred View Post
Those in the article that made the comments that the PT is hard to see out of should try driving a Toyota FJ Cruiser. The blind spots are far bigger in that beast. I should know, that's my other car. And some of the newer cars with those really high waist lines and narrow rear side windows are probably far worse than the PT.

And that gripe about the engine power being sluggish is baloney. Americans are too horsepower hungry. I drive mine around town all the time and on the freeway. I haven't ever felt that I had to get out and push yet, there's plenty of power for my needs. Only in the mountains did it lag noticeably, and the turbo version would have solved that, but since I don't drive in the mountains a lot, I don't mind one bit.

Probably the real reason the rental companies dumped them is that the PT's underhood area is very tight and hard to service and that those poor slave rental company mechs really hated to work on them. I've talked to a lot of dealer mechs and they ALL have nothing good to say about working on the PT. Personally, I will curse and swear at times when doing maintenance, but since it's my baby, I will usually forgive it when it bites me.
You tell them. I'm with you man.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 23 Feb 2013, 07:54 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Not sure if this is the same thing but I saw this on Yahoo. I think it's very harsh Good riddance, PT Cruiser car rentals - Yahoo! Autos

FEBRUARY CRUISER OF THE MONTH
Old 24 Feb 2013, 11:40 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Well..considering the source.. "Blummers Businessweek" haha I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 24 Feb 2013, 02:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Dill

I read thus article as well, which prompted me to log in from my hiatus and see what everyone thought.

I will say I do see a lot of plum pts but I didnt like how they made us pt lovers sound like a religious cult ready to commit mass suicide.
ROCKETMAN8060 likes this.

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com
Old 24 Feb 2013, 04:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome back Dill. Long time no see.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com