Potential new RUMOUR...

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Nov 2014, 02:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Potential new RUMOUR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2step View Post
Danny, Danny, Danny. The manufacturer did not say the mustang is "retro". They said "retro futurism", totally different meaning and style treatment. I have already agreed that Ford Co did recycle a degree of cues from the first gen. I have not tried to twist their words or lie by default like you are attempting to do.

Here's my stand. When I see a Cruiser on the road or in a parking lot, I get a nostalgia/retro blip on my radar. When I see a 5/G Mustang, I don't. If you do, you are in a very small minority, so small you are not even a statistic.

So here's my challenge. Let's do a yes/no poll and see how many folks vote "Yes", they get a nostalgia/retro spark when they pass a Cruiser on the street or "No" they don't. Then the same question for the 5/G Mustang. The loser shuts the hell up. In fact, if the Mustang gets even half as many Yes votes as the Cruiser, I will eat my hat and you can whip me like a mangy dog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
This would also have to be done on a Mustang forum to be fair.

Rob aka rob342 or myself both belong to a couple and would like to see a thread started about this subject there. I already know what would happen and would not want to be the member to start it. Better have thick skin to read what gets posted after such a thread started there!
Yep, Would be a bias crowd here. Heck half dont even see the chevy version designed buy the same guy to compete with it as retro because it's a chevy. Ya well, you knew that when you came up with that deal lol. Good example here already when some one agreed with you on the Mustang and then turned around and called the challenger retro. If I had been made by some other manufacture I would doubt they would think that it was. Me I like them all for the most part so I don't play favs because of make. But that is a small percentage as a norm. And I just might not show up as a statistic on that issue. I also said we will just have to disagree. But that is not what you really want is it?

Hey Brian, maybe we should (as you put it) shut the hell up. And let the rest decide as they go.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com

Last edited by Busted_PT; 21 Nov 2014 at 02:35 pm.
Old 21 Nov 2014, 03:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

i only said the challenger was retro to me. but in all fairness of the word and definition, the challenger is not retro. it, like the mustang, has taken cues from a previously manufactured car. and by doing so it has drawn on the loyalty of old car owners to make it a new popular car. it was a revived model that had been discontinued much like the dart, the camaro, and the impala. as far as the chevy "retro" like HHR, it's not as much of a retro vibe to me, simply because it reminds me more of old delivery vehicles, not cars that are built and tuned to roar down the blacktop eating dinosaurs for every inch they travel.

once again, just my opinion. everyone is welcome to their own.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

2005 Purple Pt Touring 130k Still Running Strong

New timing belt and water pump at 130k.
Old 21 Nov 2014, 04:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

This is why I gave the definition of the term "retro". Otherwise, folks start arguing semantics. Retro is one of those words people seem to use to describe several different concepts. So it is important to agree to one definition before deciding which car models meet it.

Once we agree on a meaning, the next step is to come up with seven or more objective criteria to meet this definition. Then it's just a matter of matching the styling of different car models to those criteria.

Style is always extremely subjective on the surface. If you don't follow a method, such as I have suggested, you can never have a general consensus among a highly varied group of individuals as is the member of this forum.

Now, do I get a cookie and what?
Old 21 Nov 2014, 04:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post

Style is always extremely subjective
That's why some hate the PT (as in Yahoo lists). As we see here, the opinion of what "retro" means is also subjective.
NitroPT likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 21 Nov 2014, 04:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

These type of threads are almost like talking politic's or religion on auto forums.
Nothing ever gets satisfied and arguments often ensue.

Years ago on the MINI forum this also came up about what "retro" means?
The thread always got heated between the original Mini owners and the BMW/MINI owners about what retro meant?

It ain't going to get resolved here on a PT Cruiser forum either.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 21 Nov 2014, 05:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

i can resolve this right now.

if you think it is retro, good for you.

if you think it is not retro, good for you too.

how does that sound?

2005 Purple Pt Touring 130k Still Running Strong

New timing belt and water pump at 130k.
Old 21 Nov 2014, 05:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05purplept View Post
i can resolve this right now.

if you think it is retro, good for you.

if you think it is not retro, good for you too.

how does that sound?
lol

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 13 Feb 2015, 08:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Are you talking actuall production or from the protype was made?