PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2006 PT Cruiser A/C not working

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Feb 2015, 02:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2006 PT Cruiser A/C not working

Hi,

I have 2006 non-turbo PT. Foe couple years I had to refill my A/C system after winter to make it work. After refill it was running great whole summer. They were unable to spot any leaks in the engine area.

Last year I was unable to refill A/C, respective it holds pressure for couple hours only. I'm going to replace evaporator because there is big chance the leak is inside the cabin.

Any suggestions what else I should buy and replace while I have dashboard removed.
Old 02 Feb 2015, 03:26 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 PT Cruiser A/C not working

Have them put a dye in the refrigerant, then you'll know where leak is.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 02 Feb 2015, 04:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 PT Cruiser A/C not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vojtech View Post
Hi,

I have 2006 non-turbo PT. Foe couple years I had to refill my A/C system after winter to make it work. After refill it was running great whole summer. They were unable to spot any leaks in the engine area.

Last year I was unable to refill A/C, respective it holds pressure for couple hours only. I'm going to replace evaporator because there is big chance the leak is inside the cabin.

Any suggestions what else I should buy and replace while I have dashboard removed.
yes. the heater core is right next to the evaporator. replace that as well because if that goes, you're going to have to remove the entire dash again just for that.

Tags
a/c problems, dashboard, evaporator