LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Mar 2015, 07:31 pm
Banned

Default Re: The Future of Chrysler

This was said in another thread, on another topic, but could apply to the Fiat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
1. Remove with fishing line.

2. Use Goo Gone or another adhesive remover to get rid of the residue. Don't use other types of cleaner products. Many will damage the finish. But the real adhesive removers works pretty well if allowed to soak and with repeated applications. They have it at Home Depot and Lowes.

3. Don't refer to the chrome pillar covers as ugly. Many forum members like the look of them on their PT's. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So let's not disrespect other beholders.
But yes, the Fiat is just like the PT in many ways, you either love it or hate it.

Last edited by rckstein; 08 Mar 2015 at 07:33 pm.
Old 08 Mar 2015, 07:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
This was said in another thread, on another topic, but could apply to the Fiat:

But yes, the Fiat is just like the PT in many ways, you either love it or hate it.
My objection to the 500 isn't looks, it is practicality - it has nowhere near the carrying capacity of a PT - for people or goods...
rckstein likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 08 Mar 2015, 08:38 pm
Cool Cruiser

If you peek into the inside of a Fiat500, you'll likely say...."it resembles that of my PT's"....
Old 08 Mar 2015, 08:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Not mine. Looks more like Lynn Mini.

ColTED likes this.
Old 08 Mar 2015, 11:58 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
The Fiat 500L IS the new Chrysler PT Cruiser.

Yes.. It's made in the same factory by the same workers based on a similar design. It fits the exact same customer niche. Same price point. And the Fiat 500L usually sits on the Chrysler dealership parking lot in the same place where the PT Cruisers used to sit.

For Fiat Chrysler, this is practically the same car. Also, the performance aspect of both the PT Cruiser and Neon has been transferred to Dodge Colt which is likely a better platform for that anyway. So there is no reason Fiat Chrysler make the PT Cruiser again since they already have that market covered.

They may be made in the same factory etc. etc. etc. but I saw this Fiat in traffic the other day and all I can say is it looks like a box. It has none of the coolness of the PT so I do not see this ever catching on like the PT did.

I would rather drive a Kia Soul 10 times over that ugly thing. Heck this boxy Fiat makes the HHR look cute.
rockandroller likes this.