PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Strut Tower Brace

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Apr 2016, 10:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Strut Tower Brace

Hey folks. I bought a 2005 PT TE Convertible last week. Been looking to add a few things. That being said. Anyone know where I can find a strut tower brace? I can't seem to find one anywhere. Also I will be adding some blue led rings into my cup holders. Not sure what sizes they are or what circuit to tap into once I have the rings.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 11:39 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Strut Tower Brace

Hello and welcome from Georgia, you can tap into the cigar lighter outlet in the bottom of the console so the lights will only work when the car is switched on as the upper outlet is hot all the time. If you are comfortable in lifting the console up you can wire into the shifter console light wire as it is close also.

Bubba

[[IMG]
[/IMG]]http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u634/bubba_1952/170edit_zpsadzrkyyi.jpg[/IMG]

2004 Limited Edition Platinum Series Dark Graphite Metallic Clearcoat Turbolight A/T
Old 18 Apr 2016, 08:40 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Hey, I'm moving to Felton, De.
Anyway, your strut bar:
Strut Tower Bars | StreetPerformance.com

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 18 Apr 2016, 10:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Anyway, your strut bar:

Hey Don. I don't think the #67204 Freedom Bar is still available. Here's the response I gave on these websites in another thread this morning.

Quote:
You've got to be VERY careful ordering parts from these "boutique" auto accessory websites.

This is especially true for ones that offer PT Cruiser parts. The problem is that many of these sites were setup back in the day at the height of PT Cruiser mania when lots of accessories were available. And most of these websites (with a few high quality exceptions) didn't have any stock to begin with. They only drop shipped from the supplier. Since the PT was discontinued, many of these accessories are no longer made. But many of these boutique websites still offers the accessories from out-of-date catalogs. Ordering on the site is often automatic and the people you talk to when you call are sometimes from a 3rd party answering service. You should be very careful and ask them lots of questions before ordering something. I often ask if they will contact their supplier to make sure the item is still available even though it may still show up in their catalog.

To the OP,

I do not believe there are any new PT Cruiser strut tower bars or braces being offered online. A couple of months ago, I searched high and low for one online and made lots of calls. No one I contacted had any nor could anyone actually get them. Now, it's always possible that there is still some new stock out there some place. So a new one may show up on eBay or somewhere else online now and then. But the best bet is likely going to be to find a used one. That's what I recently did.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 18 Apr 2016 at 10:20 am.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 10:27 am
Obsessed Cruiser

New ones pop up now and than for sale. Most of the time it is old new stock that a retailer is trying to clear out or from someone that cleaned out their garage and found parts from the days the use to own a PT Cruiser.

If it is any consultation the PT Cruiser strut bars are only for engine cosmetics anyway. None of them ever offered functionally worked as claimed.

ADHD=Auto Detailing & Hotrodding Dude
Old 18 Apr 2016, 10:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
.....None of them ever offered functionally worked as claimed.
Except for the NOPI twin strut bar. Those will make a PT handle like a Ferrari and even adds a quite a bit more horsepower. Plus it helps with prostrate problems if properly installed.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 11:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Anyway, your strut bar:
Nice. I'm not far from Felton. I have a few friends that live down that way. TY for the link
Old 18 Apr 2016, 11:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba_1952 View Post
Hello and welcome from Georgia, you can tap into the cigar lighter outlet in the bottom of the console so the lights will only work when the car is switched on as the upper outlet is hot all the time. If you are comfortable in lifting the console up you can wire into the shifter console light wire as it is close also.

Bubba

I installed some rings into an 13 Camaro. But those came with instructions and an exact fit. TY for the info. Those lights will help out a lot at night. Its taking a while to figure out where the darn cup holder is, lol.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 11:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Hey Don. I don't think the #67204 Freedom Bar is still available. Here's the response I gave on these websites in another thread this morning.

To the OP,

I do not believe there are any new PT Cruiser strut tower bars or braces being offered online. A couple of months ago, I searched high and low for one online and made lots of calls. No one I contacted had any nor could anyone actually get them. Now, it's always possible that there is still some new stock out there some place. So a new one may show up on eBay or somewhere else online now and then. But the best bet is likely going to be to find a used one. That's what I recently did.

Ouch. That's rough. Guess there just wasn't a market for them anymore, weird. I also find it strange that no one made halo headlights for the PTs.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 19 Apr 2016, 08:27 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubx View Post
Ouch. That's rough. Guess there just wasn't a market for them anymore, weird. I also find it strange that no one made halo headlights for the PTs.
The aftermarket upgrade parts availability came and went in less than 10 years. Most manufactures that offered anything for a PT pretty much was aware it was going to be a fast and short market. i.e. Moss Motors PT parts program.

ADHD=Auto Detailing & Hotrodding Dude