PT Cruiser Forum

Video - How to replace the battery

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Oct 2008, 08:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Video - How to replace the battery

Hi again,
Here is an informative video on how to replace the battery in a 2001 PT Cruiser. I'm sure the process is similar for other year models. Hope this can help someone.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UPB4Rlik1UE"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UPB4Rlik1UE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>
Old 14 Oct 2008, 11:45 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme
Default Re: Video - How to replace the battery

Nice video.

How about a video on how to clean the engine bay

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 12 Nov 2008, 04:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Video - How to replace the battery

Thanks so much for posting this video!!!!! We couldn't even FIND the battery, let alone know how to replace it! Now I feel we can do it!

I do hope that is the reason the car won't start. We charged the battery 2x and it ran a bit, then wouldn't start again. We think it is because the car hasn't been driven for awhile.

We had an overheating issue the first time we charged it/then drove it. I hope that doesn't happen again! If it does...I'll be back!

Thanks again!!!!!!

Sincerely,
Glenna
Old 12 Nov 2008, 06:26 pm
Regular Cruiser

All I can say Is OMG!
Old 12 Nov 2008, 06:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

benivey2, thanks for the info, one thing I noticed that you didn't point out is that there are 3 lugs in the back of the housing under the intake hose that have to be slid into bracket receivers on the air box itself. I have had a 2006 and now a 2008 and other than the location of the clips for the air box cover the info is pretty much the same.

ucantcme, not everybody is a fanatic about keeping their engine compartment as clean as you or I do. I think he did a great service with his video IMHO!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 14 Nov 2008, 01:13 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Video - How to replace the battery

ucantcme,
I love the picture on your site, is it just a home page with no more pages? I looked for a way to enter the site but couldn't find any. Anyway the picture is really cool, the angle and surrounding area are perfect.
Bruce