PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Tragedy

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Apr 2015, 12:07 am
Young Cruiser

Default PT Tragedy

Ok, so about a few weeks ago I was looking up more info on my PT on YouTube and came across this video that left me speechless. Being that I am still a new owner of a PT Cruiser, and being that most of you love your Cruisers, I found this video to be sad and pretty offensive. I see that he was trying to be funny, and for people who hate PT Cruisers, or have had their fill with dealing with them, I can see it being a funny thing to them. But for those of us who admire these cars and want to keep them on the road, I feel he is just heartless to take a PT Cruiser (a Woody at that) that a guy just sold to him (that probably loved it and wanted a good home for it), and to just do what he did to it like its no big deal! I know that PT Cruisers are just machines and that they will completely die beyond repair eventually, but come on man! If it was a dead Cruiser then ok, I can see it being demolished, but it still had life in it! I just wanted to know what you all thought of this video. Is it offensive like it was to me? Is it hilarious? What do you guys think?

P.S. In case the video doesn't work (which for some reason it wasn't working for me on my computer), right-click the video (with a PC) or Command-Click (with a Mac) to copy the URL and paste it to your URL search window at the top of your browser.

First-time owner of a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser (base model)! Loving it so far and I got it for a steal of a deal!

Last edited by Csmith8288; 06 Apr 2015 at 12:17 am.
Old 06 Apr 2015, 08:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: PT Tragedy

Just a guy that has to much money and time on his hands that thinks he is going to get discovered for being outrages. He can't even drive very well. He is scared of the gas peddle lol.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 06 Apr 2015, 08:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

It is a waste of money - just like a Hummer is.
buddyiramae likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 06 Apr 2015, 01:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Not worth my time more then 45 seconds past the start of the video.................

http://sacramentoraceway.com/
ADHD=Auto Detailing & Hotrodding Dude
Old 06 Apr 2015, 01:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I'm a fan of the H1 Hummer. In the Army, we drove those things through some very rough terrain. It made a good tactical vehicle as long as there were no mines and no one was shooting at you. And here in Arkansas, there's only a few places up near Harrison where that is an issue.

As far as crushing the PT, the salvage yards are starting to really fill up with them. I'd say most yards around here get maybe three times as many as just a year ago. So I figure there's going to be a lot of PT crushing going on whether a Hummer is used or not. At least for a few years to come, our cars are going to be the lucky ones.
buddyiramae likes this.
Old 06 Apr 2015, 02:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
I'm a fan of the H1 Hummer. In the Army, we drove those things through some very rough terrain. It made a good tactical vehicle as long as there were no mines and no one was shooting at you. And here in Arkansas, there's only a few places up near Harrison where that is an issue.

As far as crushing the PT, the salvage yards are starting to really fill up with them. I'd say most yards around here get maybe three times as many as just a year ago. So I figure there's going to be a lot of PT crushing going on whether a Hummer is used or not. At least for a few years to come, our cars are going to be the lucky ones.
But not out of the army.
They are huge on the outside and surprisingly small on the inside.
Tanks are capable, too, but I wouldn't drive one on the road.
jdocop likes this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 07 Apr 2015, 01:33 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Tanks are capable, too, but I wouldn't drive one on the road.
I would!!!!!
rockandroller likes this.

2005 Purple Pt Touring 130k Still Running Strong

New timing belt and water pump at 130k.
Old 07 Apr 2015, 04:11 am
Cool Cruiser

It always bothers me to see someone with more money than brains destroy a useable vehicle.

It doesn't matter what the vehicle is. There was one such person back in Wisconsin. He had a Ford monster truck and would get all the Chevy Chevett's and Vega's he could then charge admission to see him crush the cars.

He put on his show at county fairs and such. For me the best show he did was the one where he was driving over the Vega and slipped sideways with his monster truck and fell off the side and rolled the Ford.

He got pretty busted up doing that and the monster truck soon became a faded memory,...
Gru and buddyiramae like this.

Ignorance can be cured with knowledge, but Stupid is forever.
Old 07 Apr 2015, 04:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

I don't know but I'm supposed to feel envious about him for having much money.....but I feel otherwise, feel pity for him though......
Old 09 Apr 2015, 07:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

the fewer there are left the more ours will be worth! Crash away. We'll use it for parts to keep a loved car alive.