Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > PT Pass It On

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rear Split Bench Seat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 May 2015, 08:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Rear Split Bench Seat

2008 PT 60/ of the 60/40 split rear bench seat, mounts behind the passenger chair and holds the centre section of the rear seats. Sadly, my PT was atomised by a young woman at 100+mph in a 25 mph zone a couple weeks back, and the car is no longer with us.

Bench seat in question was not mounted in car at the time, so is not a salvage article. I had taken it out the day before to move some materials for my home business, and had not reinstalled the seat. Is gunmetal grey fabric cover with headrest.

If anyone is interested, this would ship out of the Charleston, WV area.
Old 25 May 2015, 08:48 pm
Banned

Default Re: Rear Split Bench Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by migrainemotor View Post
2008 PT 60/ of the 60/40 split rear bench seat, mounts behind the passenger chair and holds the centre section of the rear seats. Sadly, my PT was atomised by a young woman at 100+mph in a 25 mph zone a couple weeks back, and the car is no longer with us.

Bench seat in question was not mounted in car at the time, so is not a salvage article. I had taken it out the day before to move some materials for my home business, and had not reinstalled the seat. Is gunmetal grey fabric cover with headrest.

If anyone is interested, this would ship out of the Charleston, WV area.
Not to get off topic, but everyone is ok? What was her hurry? Sorry to hear of the demise of your PT.
Old 25 May 2015, 09:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Sorry to here of your misfortune. I less WV cruiser.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 25 May 2015, 11:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
Not to get off topic, but everyone is ok? What was her hurry? Sorry to hear of the demise of your PT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Sorry to here of your misfortune. I less WV cruiser.
Much obliged guys, and yes I'm fine. I'm going to take just a few moments to describe my situation because in the same week this happened, hand to all the gods above I've lost no less than 4 people to vehicular deaths. That's four families who have corpses instead of loved ones, and that is not including the three more who are currently still in doubt. That is upwards of seven people turning into statistics by way of vehicular idiocy in five different "accidents". I was a class A-CDL guy at one time, and still keep the license. Please nobody take any flak from distracted people operating automobiles. So, again please humour me and this will make lots of sense in a moment.

The story is this: as in evidence of other threads, here and here; I had just put about $2000 into repairing tie rods, rocker arms, brake callipers and pads, A/C work, alignments, 5xNew Tires, sundry lights and bulbs, upgrade to radio, 2x front wheel bearings, rear sway and bushings, and some paint.

This was the first thing my wife and I had ever purchased when we were dating. I bought it for her, in fact, as her Ford Exploder was far past being safe to drive at that point, and she always liked the '40s retro look to PTs. Had just got it fixed all the way to new, just like when we got it.

46 hours prior to collision, that is. We had the 100% refit of that ride for less than two days. So of course I'm livid about that. I had just delivered my son to my sister's place to spend the night, and had forgotten to leave her his favourite sippy cup. Those in the audience with children will understand the importance levied onto this otherwise innocuous decision to double back and return to her place and give the cup to them. The geography of the impact area was a hard left turn of 90* (why it's only 25 mph, duh) which I was taking the left on. Girl oncoming in the opposing lane at 4-5x posted speed broke loose her tires, and Newton's Laws of Inertia carried her into my B and C pillars. She impacted me so hard, that her own momentum carried her another 60 metres and she only stopped then by impacting an embankment holding up a bridge. I didn't think to get a photograph of it, but please believe me in the next description, that she hit me so hard my driver side rear wheel was actually concave. Rear door is just gone; the pillars are actually bent inward from contact forces.

The real tragedy here is my 3 year old son. Yes, he is fine - but only, and I stress this *only* because he wasn't in the vehicle. Recall I mentioned that I had taken out the 60 split seat to carry some inventory for my home fight club, so wee toddler chair was strapped into the driver side door chair, rather than in the centre of the 60 split. Everyone here seems more than typically intelligent; you can all figure out where I'm going with that one.

In those few seconds, anyone with any military or police/EMS training will unconsciously revert to their professional mentality, and I was no exception. After determining the line of events which had transpired and evaluating myself as being ambulatory, I got some witnesses and 911 contacted. Girl from other vehicle waddled up to me, herself far more shaken than I - which she should have been. Needless to say I was mad as a hornet, but I tried to keep it together.

"I'm so sorry, I'm sorry," she began. I waved my hand at her.
"You're obviously not dead yet," I replied. "Look, I don't care how sorry you are, you ruined something for my family and could have killed someone. I'll get you a pen from somewhere; I need your name, number, license plate and insurance card."

She goes back a few steps, then turns back around.

"Please, I'm so sorry! I was late to work and-"

This is right about where my patience got spent. I won't bother the readers with this in lucid detail, but I made apparent (in vernacular especial and peculiar to Navy and Marine types) that no job on this planet justified what her life choices had culminated in at that moment, and that whatever damage to my vehicle notwithstanding, that her stars had lined up to prevent my son from being in the car at the time, and to get the notes I had asked about.

Point is for the reader; please don't be stupid on the road, and don't let people you care about be stupid when they are on the road. Four confirmed, three more in critical, and could have had an fifth fatality that would have been my toddler son - so this cretin could skate into work barely on time.

/rant

So, I've got this car part laying about now, that I'm trying to unload. =) In all fairness, the other girl just bought my wife a Mercedes ML430, so there's that.
Old 26 May 2015, 12:05 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by migrainemotor View Post

So, I've got this car part laying about now, that I'm trying to unload. =) In all fairness, the other girl just bought my wife a Mercedes ML430, so there's that.
All I can say is wow to the entire situation, very happy to hear that eveyone is ok, and yes the material things can be replaced.