Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By ptprice
  • 1 Post By ptprice
  • 3 Post By ptprice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jun 2015, 06:54 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default FREE!!! 2005 Upper and Lower Factory Chrome Grills

With my SOO BIG project winding down I though to give the upper and lower Factory Chrome Grills away free instead of using them as wall art in my man-cave. They're painted the original Cool Vanilla white and look good. See inserts;
I've repaired the mounting posts on the drivers side of the lower grill and the only repair needed on the upper grill would be re-placing the plastic hook plates on both sides. You could get these off a damaged grill in a salvage yard for chump change and permanently reattach the hook plates with plastic glue or heat weld. The two upper screw plates of the upper grill where the grill is screwed to the fender are split to the mount slot and should be glued or heat welded.
I'm not using the grills, as replacing the front bumper cover that goes with these was cost prohibitive, but if you just need to replace your grills these would be fine for you.
Shipping obviously isn't free, but you could come down to Ormond Brach, Fl. 32174, and pick them up. Conversely, I'm headin' north to Hazleton Pa. via Creedmore, NC and Penhook, Va. (Smith Mountain Lake) in early July if we could get together. This would hold forth for the fender I have for free also but I think the hood I have for free would be a bit much for me to handle. I'll re-post the fender and hood photos on this thread for reference. Shipping spec for these is on an earlier thread.
The shipping measurements for the grills are about 36"wd X 18"hi X 8" dp probably 2 lbs. Let me know. ptprice
Old 10 Jun 2015, 03:10 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: FREE!!! 2005 Upper and Lower Factory Chrome Grills

Hey, come on, they're FREE, and maybe I can drop-em off to you on my northern trip ending in Hazleton,Pa. in early July!!! ptprice
Busted_PT likes this.

Last edited by ptprice; 10 Jun 2015 at 03:12 pm. Reason: Correction of syntax
Old 19 Jun 2015, 11:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Can you calculate how much shipping to Waterford, Mi. Would be.

I have a busted chrome strip on my 05 dream cruiser that I would like to replace, and it is always good to have extras around...

2003 Limited
In its natural habitat.

2005 Dream Cruiser
2003 PT Cruiser Limited
2010 Town and Country Limited
1992 Fifth Avenue

It appears we have a bit of a Chrysler fetish in this house...
Old 20 Jun 2015, 04:25 am
Dedicated Cruiser

You can figure shipping out from your end just as easy as I can here!
As your PT already has a chrome grill, measure it if you need, to confirm the info I've already supplied in the thread. Allow 3 to 4 lbs. ( a high estimate but the cost at this size will be package size more than package weight) for the contents and use my zip from me to you. I'd be shipping from is 32174 in Ormond Beach, Fl. as I'd mentioned. Logically only the upper grill need be measured as the lower will nestle behind it in the package.
Not quite as easy for you as letting your fingers do the walking, but it makes sense for me. Go to a package and ship facility with the info to follow through and get the costs as I would have to. They're all about the same.
I think a PT'er from Illinois had asked the same thing and found out, on follow through, he couldn't justify the shipping costs.To each his own.
I'm not a business, just another PT Forum friend who has a decent 2005 chrome grill under my bed chasing dust bunnies I'd like to get rid of and share for free!
Advise. ptprice
Old 21 Jun 2015, 10:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi, I'd like to get the right front fender when you come north in July, if it's still available. I live in MD (right outside DC) and would be glad to meet you, at your convenience. Just let me know. thanks.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 06:02 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Walkman, it could be somewhat of a "drive by". I'm leaving on the 1st of July. It'd be best if you contacted me via my email or phone for logistics;
email priceyoungman@hotmail.com
phone 1-386-846-7728 Happy PTing, ptprice
Old 24 Jun 2015, 10:54 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Thanks for the grille set, Price. I can't wait to receive it.
Old 25 Jun 2015, 11:27 am
Dedicated Cruiser

As I mentioned this AM on our Forum connection, just as soon as Angelo's done using your upper for fitment reference on SOO BIG I'll wrap the grills up with a bow and ship them to you.
On quite another subject, but interesting in any case, I invite you to visit my web site to view my art; theartofpriceyoungman.weebly.com
enjoy. Happy PTing, ptprice
Old 05 Feb 2016, 08:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

Damn PTPrice, your art is AMAZING!
Old 06 Feb 2016, 02:31 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Yes it is and a very nice website Price....

Bubba

2004 Limited Edition Platinum Series Dark Graphite Metallic Clearcoat Turbolight A/T