SOOO BIG needs a whadda call it!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By CREWZIN
  • 2 Post By bubba_1952
  • 2 Post By pasadenahotrod03Dreamer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jan 2016, 08:51 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default SOOO BIG needs a whadda call it!

Whadda call it is immaterial. I've been incommunicado for the past 6 days as I recover from a CYSTO/PLYLOSCOPY BX&/FULGARATION to see if my Ureter Cancer had returned. Clean as a whistle, no returning Cancer, but the procedure ended with with the begining of a Urinary tract infection. Not the best rrade off. So big doses of antibiotics have been prescribed. I've been underpar after this, just slonging along with a lota sleepy time and lota crap like fevers and cramps I'd rather not be going through. Except for the good news about the Cancer, I'm not a real happy boy.

I'd hoped to go to the yard and take advantage of "five finger discount" and pick up a whadda call it! No can do now.

I really need the "rush" and "pick up" of the "fix"of fixing something on SOOO BIG. It's an Adrenalin charge I'm addicted to. It'd make for a real great day!

So to the point of the thread; I need the black plastic part of the Whadda call it assembly. Just the plastic bar with the holes in it. All my switches and plug are good.The bar holds from left to right; the hole for switch for the rear window heater, a blank space, in the center, a hole for the switch for the rear washer and squirter, another blank space and to the far right the 12V constant on, dash power plug.

To make it profitable for your largess I'd show my appreciation by sending you free two left rear inner storage compartment cooby cover plates. Shipping free too. with the hope you'd reciprocate in kind.

Whadda ya think? Is it tempting? Thanks. Advise. I've had a lot of bites on the cobby covers, but this is "give away"!

I'll attach to the initial thread of "SOOO BIG gets a back up camera", the final steps as soon as I install the Whadda call it and button it up.

Happy PTin', ptprice
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 31 Jan 2016 at 05:40 pm. Reason: correction in syntax
Old 30 Jan 2016, 09:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: SOOO BIG needs a whadda call it!

I looked into my parts catalog and that part wasn't listed separately. Maybe someone that goes to the salvage yard can pick one up for you.
ptprice likes this.
Old 30 Jan 2016, 09:29 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Hey ptrice, I have the piece you are looking for and just contact me via email and we will discuss it my man. Do you need just the panel or both the switches as well as the power outlet? I have it either way you want it.

Bubba
rckstein and ptprice like this.

2004 Limited Edition Platinum Series Dark Graphite Metallic Clearcoat Turbolight A/T
Old 30 Jan 2016, 09:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Well I was going to get this for ya. But a good friend bubba_1952 got you covered. I didn't need the covers.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 30 Jan 2016, 11:33 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Price, I'm still admiring that sweet chrome barred grille I got from you.
Funny how some stuff continues through the ages, that little panel you want dates back to the late thirties and through early fifties in the Plymouths and other Mopar Brand vehicles.
Hanging from the flat bottom of the center of the dash boards on virtually all Mopars is a chromed panel similar in shape and size at the PTs which housed the ignition key switch in the center with heater fan and defrost knobs on one side and the choke and cigar lighter on the other. On the Plymouths the panels are attractive but quite plain. In the Dodge, DeSoto and Chrysler lines the panels ribbed and more decorative.
Here's an old feature of Mopar that some may remember, the speedometer needle incorporated a green, yellow, red lens at the base which as sped increased illuminated the speedo in green from start to about 35 or so, yellow for caution from 35-55 or so and then red for danger above that.
Old 31 Jan 2016, 11:35 am
Dedicated Cruiser

pasadenahotrod03Dreamer.
One of the many reasons I enjoy and always have fun drivin' SOOO BIG is he reminds me a lot of my first car, A '40 Plymouth business coupe. No back seat, just a cavernous area in the back for young love and overnight camping. I learned my "P's" and "Q's" back there. It had three on the column and each shift went through a 180 degree ark. No speed shiftin', not necessary, that six cylinder couldn't pull a sick whore off a piss pot. but I had a lota fun with it through high school. Even mashed a few earlier Ford V8 by out maneuvering their suicide suspension on the streets of Hazleton, drivin' balls to the wall.
It's all great memories.

I've added a few more 40 Plymouth photos and I see from the early day chassis photos that, for the day, it did have a tolerable suspension. Probably kept me upright in some crazy right hand turns in the 50's. That's what did happen when I was racing a 39 Ford Coupe before school around the blocks at 15th street. I stopped and helped him roll it back on its wheels. Just a few scrunches on the lower right fenders. he drove away from it.
Happy PTin', ptprice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 40 Plymouth Coupe drawing done in 1958, my first car.jpg (103.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg neat 40 plymouth details 001.jpg (83.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg neat 40 plymouth details 002.jpg (83.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg neat 40 plymouth details 003.jpg (94.2 KB, 13 views)
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 31 Jan 2016 at 12:52 pm. Reason: adding info and photos of 40 Plymouths
Old 31 Jan 2016, 01:24 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Thanks Dewayne, I sent you a PM about the whadda call it. I'm lookin'n forward to finishin' this simple project.

Happy PTin', ptprice