Passing on a PT Vanity Cover with the mount studs

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Feb 2018, 11:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Passing on a PT Vanity Cover with the mount studs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post
In the package coming your way with your Vanity Cover is a plastic sandwich bag that'll rattle around in the box. It has has three of the taller mount studs that'll make that cover fit on your PT engine just like it's supposed to. Maybe you'll be able to grill up a cheese sandwich like I do on SOOO BIG's engine every once in a while.
Happy PTin', ptprice

Attachment 27815
LOL not sure my engine is clean enough to add melted cheese to it but thanks again - especially for having the longer original studs. I'm really looking forward to receiving it now.
ptprice likes this.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 03:07 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarq17 View Post
LOL not sure my engine is clean enough to add melted cheese to it but thanks again - especially for having the longer original studs. I'm really looking forward to receiving it now.
The Vanity cover is grill ready. A Grilled Cheese sandwich flavored with under hood PT ambiance is what it's all about. Uuummm good.

You know of course I'm just kiddin'? That "Grilled Cheese Sandwich" was just an artistic spoof I whipped up when I first put a Vanity Cover on SOOO BIG. I sure hope no one took me up on it. The toasted bread came from my counter top toaster to get that nice grilled appearance. The burned reversed DOHC 16 V was an impression in the toasted bread I pressed on the Vanity Cover as a guide to paint light brown with a fine brush and the melted cheese was some yellow construction paper. Disclaimer; Melted cheese could make a real mess on a PT engine. Don't try this on your PT Vanity Cover" Happy PTin', ptprice

Grillin' cheese sammich on Vanity Cover.jpeg
smarq17 likes this.
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 26 Feb 2018, 04:43 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Just to tie a neat little bow on this thread. Finally got the emblem I bought on eBay to place on the my brand spanking new vanity cover.

I bought another one that said "2.4L" but still not sure I'll place it...have to see how it looks after I receive it. For now this is what I roll around with.

Here are a couple of photos (excuse the everyday-driver oil & grime).

ptprice likes this.