PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Passing on a PT Vanity Cover with the mount studs

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jul 2017, 09:32 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Passing on a PT Vanity Cover with the mount studs

NO MORE NECKED PT ENGINES! Cover yours up with a dedicated PT Vanity Cover. No more embarrassing moments with your engine exposed as you oil is checked.

I found this'n at a salvage yard and picked it up to pass it on free. You only pay packaging and shipping.

It's a really nice original PT Vanity Cover including the three ball top mounting studs.

I checked with our local pack and ship depot and they quoted me at $28.00 to pack and ship a 3lb, 4"X11"X19" package. That's about the size of it.

So if you have a hankering to cover up the neithers of your necked PT engine then you need an original PT Vanity Cover.

I've been know to grill a cheese sandwich on SOOO BIG's vanity cover. Three minutes per side and it's done. You can't beat that unique smokey gasoline and oil flavor from this PT style of grilling.

If you want to go the whole nine yards there's a lot you can do to customize your vanity cover. My effort pales when you see some of 'em.

So first come first serve. It's $28.00Paypal. PM me or a direct email to;
priceyoungman@hotmail.com

Happy PTin', ptprice
IMG_1747 (640x480).jpg

IMG_1750 (640x480).jpg

Grillin' cheese sammich on Vanity Cover.jpeg

IMG_1368 (640x480).jpg
03TXPTGT and smarq17 like this.
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 02 Jul 2017 at 12:45 pm.
Old 01 Jul 2017, 10:29 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Passing on a PT Vanity Cover with the mount studs

I've got one too, just in case more than one member wants one.

Farts are just ghosts of the things we eat.
Old 02 Jul 2017, 07:28 am
Senior Cruiser

I picked this vanity cover and mounting studs up at a salvage yard for the sole purpose of passing it on to another Forum member.

I was floored when I called up the local pack and ship depot and was quoted at $28.00 to make up a box and send it out. I'm not making a cent on it. I only hope that includes the sales tax. Packing and shipping charges are outrageous now a days. If your near Ormond Beach and can drive over and pick it up, it's yours free!

This vanity cover's in nice shape. It'll look good on your PT engine.

Happy PTin', ptprice
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 02 Jul 2017 at 12:46 pm.
Old 14 Feb 2018, 05:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Still available? I've been looking for one.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 08:33 am
Veteran Cruiser

Sold mine to Chuck a while back. Don't know about Price's.

Farts are just ghosts of the things we eat.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 04:26 pm
Regular Cruiser

How'd you mount that Chrysler emblem on it? I love that!
Old 15 Feb 2018, 05:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Sold mine to Chuck a while back. Don't know about Price's.
Thanks. I know it was a while ago but figured I would take a shot. I'll wait on ptprice before going on eBay. Fingers crossed.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 05:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgyverman1123 View Post
How'd you mount that Chrysler emblem on it? I love that!
I attached the Chrysler Emblem with a bit of the Scotch 3M double faced emblem tape. happy PTin', ptprice
Old 15 Feb 2018, 05:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarq17 View Post
Still available? I've been looking for one.
Yup, still got it. Including the three necessary mounting studs. They're gettin' rare. I found a real nice yellow hood brace with the original rubber sleeve on it. That'll go with it. $30.00 to cover packaging and shipping. No charge for the Vanity cover itself. PM me with your address and to arrange payment. PayPal is fine. Happy PTin', ptprice
SSPX0014 (640x480).jpg

Last edited by ptprice; 16 Feb 2018 at 09:10 am.
Old 16 Feb 2018, 01:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post
Yup, still got it. Including the three necessary mounting studs. They're gettin' rare. I found a real nice yellow hood brace with the original rubber sleeve on it. That'll go with it. $30.00 to cover packaging and shipping. No charge for the Vanity cover itself. PM me with your address and to arrange payment. PayPal is fine. Happy PTin', ptprice
Attachment 27772
Awesome! PM sent. Let's geterdone.
rckstein and ptprice like this.