Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Sound and Security Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Factory cd player

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Mar 2009, 02:57 am
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation Factory cd player

I have a 2004 non-turbo. CD is stuck in player and does not play. Any quick fix to get the CD out and why is it stuck in the first place?
Old 29 Mar 2009, 07:55 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Factory cd player

Found this on PT Do-It-Yourself.net:

I have a 2004 PT with 13k miles. A CD is stuck in the OE radio CD player. I press the eject button but nothing happens. How do I get the CD out? I've not had this problem before. Many thanks. – Julie, from Georgia.

The radio unit does offer some diagnostic ability when it encounters an error or problem, which is visible on the display. The radio display read out will indicate “E-0?” with the question mark representing the number of the corresponding diagnostic error code.

E-01 – Deadlock problem – Requires dealer servicing.
E-02 – Disc eject problem - Requires dealer servicing.
E-06 – Elevator problem - Requires dealer servicing.
E-07 - Magazine eject problem – Check that magazine is ok, if not requires dealer servicing.

A number of conditions can cause the disc not to eject, including a faulty disc, foreign material on the disc, binding or jammed mechanism, and or a faulty audio component. A binding or a jammed mechanism can be an issue when playing some (home) burned and labeled CD's. Sometimes the paper label is too thick, or can start to peel off the CD inside radio as it warms up, which can create eject problems. On some CD players there is a small hole on the side of the CD opening. Poking this indent with a paper clip while pressing the eject button occasionally works, but unfortunately the PT's OE radio does not offer this feature. Therefore a trip to the dealer may be in order. If the radio is faulty, it should be covered under your vehicle warranty based upon your mileage and model year.

Most of the other "Stuck CD" information I found is because the owner tried to put a second CD into a single CD unit. They advised to pull the unit and try getting a hold of the top CD to get it out if possible.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 29 Mar 2009 at 07:57 am.
Old 27 May 2009, 06:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Factory cd player, doesn't work since replaced battery.

I had the battery out on our 2004 Cruiser as I replaced with a new battery.
Since then the factory 6-cd player will not work. Didn't think to
remove CDs in the player so they are lost in there too.

I am wondering if since the Radio-Player lost power it also lost some
communication setup code(s)? Anybody have a clue?

We had this player added to car by dealership when we bought the car new in 2004 but received no paper work. Service department would have us bring the car in but WE would like to avoid the expense of that.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 09:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

I just bought my 04 three days ago and already there is a stinking CD stuck in it... There is no error code, either. I have no clue what to do and am sick over it! If I have to listen to this CD every time I get in the car I will barf.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 09:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Till you get it fixed:

25 Sick Saver Bags
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 09:58 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 10:06 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalkambo View Post
Thanks.

You can try taking out the radio/CD player from the dash (easily done) or just getting to the back and pulling the power cord. Maybe that will reject the CD. If not, might be time for a professional to look at it.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 03:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

You have to have power on it to eject the cd, and every cd player made in the last 5 years has an "emergency eject" button somewhere. Of course, Mopar probably took the off, since they seem to know so much about this subject.

I've got a couple of techno-geek friends in the audio biz, if you can get the model number off your player and get it to me, I can have them look this up for you...
Old 11 Sep 2009, 12:29 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thank yall both so much for the help, and I may have to use the advice in the future. My CD ended up popping out this afternoon. Maybe I had to hold my mouth a certain way? Anyway, I will be sure not to stick any CDs in there that I wouldn't want to listen to a whole lot of!